Cheap theft deterrent

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
homicydalboy said:
I was talking to one of my brother little freinds and he told me that he is in to the stupid boosting cars s**t. But anyway he told me that one night he was trying to boost this car and he got in it and did all his s**t and then went to start the car but it just wouldnt turn over! Well all the noise from outside woke the owner up and he started coming out so the little s**t bounced. Well leave it to the little dumnass he went back the next night and figured out the guy had pulled the ECU fuse, he popped a new one in and the car started right up. Well the owner was smarter than him and had been watching, since the car was a recent break in the cops were near and the kid got busted. Serves the little theive right!

Take out the ECU fuse I do it everywhere I go I also disconect the starter wire if I am going into the HOOD. LOL
thats right...stupid theives....

iixtremehansen

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah take out the fuse, its the starter fuse or was it the battery fuse, it has 2 small screws on it, break in but car wont get jacked

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dunno about your guys' area. But down here in hawaii, and I'm sure as others. People know all too much about that ECU Fuse. If you're gonna do that, you might as well take out your spark plug wires. Also, I was lazy and didn't read the other page, but on the first they talked about autolock. I have the autolock, I still use it. But for an automatic car especially. Autolock will do jacksh*t unless the theif is a complete dumba** (don't wanna get banned). My '99 hatch was stolen with it on, when the police found it, it was still on the brake pedal. If you're wondering how they took it from my car, here's what they did, and some other things they can do.

- They used the shift-lock release to shift gears without using the brakes, and used the ebrake to brake while driving

And here's somethings I did to my coupe and and what i found out.

- I took out that plastic piece so they can't use the shift lock release. But even with this there is two ways they can take it out of gear still, without pressing the brakes. Either the obvious, take out the drink/center console piece and release the lock manually, or when they turn on the battery power (2nd turn.. not turning on the car). The ecu does a check and it releases the lock for a split second (when you hear that click). If you time it right, you can get it out of park.

As for standard, I wouldn't know. All I know is, if you put it on the clutch pedal, they would f up your trans just to drive it. So maybe you should put one on the clutch and brake pedal? Anyways, a friend of mine said one way that's really effective is to just take out your ECU and put it in your bag or somethin (for you school people). Honestly, who carries an ECU when they're gonna jack a car? But make sure to make your carpet nice again, or else, next time they know what to do. The only other way would be to tow it.

But like everyone says, if they want it bad enough. They'll get it.

RKSskier

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just put on a $15 alarm 3 days ago, and its nothing special, but it will do two things, one if it has a shock sensor, and 2 if any electrical changes happen, it will go off. Nothing special, but for $15 and hour install, why not put it on. If anyone is interested in a super easy to install alarm, power wire, negative wire, and another wire grounded somewhere on the chassis, let me know, I co-own an online audio shop, and would be willing to cut all CC members, one hell of a deal on alarms. I would be willing to do $20 shipped for all CC members. I hate theives, and am willing to not make a profit in order to get more people safe out there.
Email me at RKSskier@aol.com if you are interested in one These aren't keyless entry, just a shock sensor, sense change in voltage, and a very loud siren, and have two remotes. Sorry not trying to thread jack, but just in case some one is interested.

physpher

5+ Year Member
Yeah i have a python 2 way paging alarm. i walked into work and went to the time clock (just out of range of the alarm, takes baout 2 minutes to walk to) my boss ran up behind me and said he saw someone in my car jacking my audio. by the time we had run to my car, my alarm was still going off, window smashed, hu gone, amp (bolted down) was gone, and extensive interior damage was done. i think i will put razor blades on my next head unit so when they are in a hurry they cut the living piss out of themselves. also this was at 4 in the afternoon with about 30 people watching.

TorGa3iGhT

"torga eight"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok...since the last time I posted and saw this thread, i did a lot of research on differnet anti-theft devices...cuz i'm pretty much just as paranoid. LOL

anyways, found out the autolock and club can both be snapped in two pieces within 30 seconds.
http://www.socalcivic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1538&highlight=autolock+useless
it's called the clubbuster...tow truck companies use them to break them off....u can buy one online for about 90 bucks,

my setup is autolock, club, SWAT lock R, pager alarm...and I'm still paranoid sometimes...LOL

u can do fuel cut-off like a lot of people suggested, and there's also this thing called a tire deflator. u can google it...it's pretty inexpensive too. Look into teh SWAT lock R as well..it's like 20 bucks on ebay or something...a good addition to a setup, but crappy if it stands alone I think. =/

If u wanna spend like 500 bucks, there's an anti-theft known as ravelco...they have a 100% never been stolen rating or something....supposedly the best anti-theft device you can get on your car.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there goes my idea about the autolock, i guess i'll look into something else.

Porker

Fukin' Bent y0!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you're leaving the car for a while. Take the dizzy cap off and take the rotor arm out!

The car wont be starting at all without that. Totally unnoticeable if they get under the bonnet too!

rolakers

Milkman Insane
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've seen a pic of Jezeks car with the steering wheel and the seats removed, you should try it. Try to drive that sucker away

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just mount a fuel pump cutoff switch or remove the coil wire

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get a big 'effin eyebolt, some washers, and a good solid lock. Mount the eyebolt through the floor of the car where you can lock the gear selector in first (or park with an auto-tragic)with the lock. Park nose first against a wall (if you have a manual).