check in engine light with p301 p303 p1300 p1399

eddywebs

5+ Year Member
I have 97 honda civic LX with 197XXX miles.
I was more than happy with the car until today when check engine light came on , I thought it would be because of air filter or o2 sensor as I was told I need to change my air filter about 4 months ago, but I just never did that (actually I forgot )

I took it to autozone to check the codes and here what the guy told me.
I have 4 error codes , which just came all of a sudden I never had an check engine light before:

the codes are
:shock::shock::shock::shock:
  • p301- cylinder 1 misfire
  • p303 cylinder 3 misfire
  • p1300 - random cylinder misfire
  • 1399 - blocked EGR passage or valve clearance out of range
I was shocked how the all of a sudden I got these code and that too not 1 but 4 .
I checked online and found a faulty spark plug can lead to misfire I really dont know what to do , any suggestion guys what exactly seems to be the problem and what shall I do ??

Last edited:

RonJ

Banned
The first two codes indicate misfires in cyls 1 and 3, whereas the other two are general codes indicating random misfiring. Replacing the spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor should clear the codes and put you back on the road. Do this work ASAP so as to avoid destroying your catalytic converter ($$$).

dabz1981

5+ Year Member
i'm, having the same exact issue on my 2000 LX 95k miles no mods, same exact codes except i got misfire codes on all 4 cylinders plus the EGR code. I changed distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, wires, ignition switch, fuel filter i eventually gave in and changed the entire distributor... CEL went off for about 30 mins after i replaced the distributor but then came back on when i pulled from a stop sign!!! the car is misfiring and running BAD :(