check light picks & chooses 4 on & off...oil pressure light blinks randomly one time

Standupspeakup

Good morning,

So within the last week or so, my check light has decided to come on randomly. Now, before I got this new chip installed, I wouldn't have thought much of it because it would normally come on for the o2 sensor. Being that the chip disabled that portion of it, I haven't seen a check light in about 2.5 months or so..give or take.

Also, within the last week, my oil pressure light started to blink. That one actually had me wondering, more so then the check light. I pulled off to a gas station to see if I had oil, dipstick showed being full. That's actually the first time that the oil pressure light has blinked like that since owning the car. (I've had the car for almost 3 years).

^^Now in this particular instance when the oil pressure light started to blink, my check light was on in the process. I was also sitting there for a good 30 minutes at idle, with the AC on. Per the temperature gauge, the car wasn't overheating. I did turn the car off while sitting there for about 5 minutes, due to not being to move from the line, but once I started the car back up, there wasn't a check light, nor a blinking oil pressure light.

While I was checking the oil, I checked my other fluids. All the other fluids were good. Now that I think about it, this was on Thursday. 19SEP13 to be exact. Since that point, I haven't seen the oil light blink, same thing with the oil, it hasn't needed a drop. Normally the car will burn through a 1/4 or 1/2 every couple weeks, depending on how I drive, mostly if I'm hitting vtec or if I'm going on a long highway drive (45 minutes or more). Outside of that, the car is usually easy on oil.

So, yesterday and today, the check light randomly came on, but the idle got a lil higher and actually better in the process. But, just out of my own curiosity, I wanted to see if vtec was engaging or not and lucky for me *sarcasm*, it didn't.

From that point, (yesterday) I Googled, searched on here and various Honda forums, and it seems to point to the vtec solenoid. Granted, I haven't done the paperclip test yet, but from what I've read, it seems to be pointing towards that, oil pressure sending unit, and something else oil based, but I can't remember the exact name it said yesterday.

On one of the discussions that I've read, they said to unhook the negative terminal and see if the check light goes away and stays away. Did that this morning before work and that actually didn't work. Turned the car off and turned it back on, check light stays off, vtec works, and hasn't turned back on since.

Any ideas on what this possibly could be or maybe a more in depth way of looking into what's going on? And, is this something normal that happens?

The stats on the car:

B16A2
I(short ram w/3"velocity stack, H, E (full), ctr cams, type r trans, skunk 2 IM, enlarged tb, and I think that's it motor related.

It is an OBD1 car and it's a 95 EJ

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

JRS