CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

zoomed in Yellow is final setup, red was baseline pull

Near redline, base pull and final pull. 32whp gain at 103MPH, 236whp to 268. Driving on the map with the 255lph untuned was lacking quite a bit up top.

until next time...

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice comparison bro. Numbers look pretty awesome. She should be a new animal up top with the retune.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice comparison bro. Numbers look pretty awesome. She should be a new animal up top with the retune.
Yeah, it felt fast before the retune, but you could tell that it felt like it was being forced to rev right around 6500 or so. Now it just moves like nothing.

So all these videos and runs have been with the car making a peak of 254 and rapidly falling off after 7500 rpm. Feels good having power all the way to redline.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love how well documented everything is. Dispelling all the myths with k series modifications. Well done man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My cars been my daily also! If we are going to spend the money we might as well enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Child, I'm lovin' the new video with your son in the back. His expressions are just great when you "go fast". Not to mention, the car sounds sick and looks to move pretty damn fast. I finally see the purpose of those shifters and weighted knobs. Your shifts look so effortless and short. That fish-eye lens makes your arms look long like Rudy Gobert's.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I watched this video on facebook, it made my day when I saw it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Child, I'm lovin' the new video with your son in the back. His expressions are just great when you "go fast". Not to mention, the car sounds sick and looks to move pretty damn fast. I finally see the purpose of those shifters and weighted knobs. Your shifts look so effortless and short. That fish-eye lens makes your arms look long like Rudy Gobert's.

yeah man, this shifter is hella nice. It's better than I thought it would be. I can admit, i got it for the looks and simplicity of the install versus cutting more floor to use a cheap oem shifter, but it's actually really nice to drive with. Since I have it set pretty high up on the shifter arm, the leverage makes shifts a breeze and you can set the shift length through the shifter and the cables, so it's a proper throw without banging gears for no reason.

I enjoyed our little drive to the store. That was the first time my son was in the car since the rebuild, so I wasn't sure if he'd like it or not. I tried to let him feel the vtec crossover and that's when his mouth always dropped haha. I'm glad I got it on video.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I had a buddy with a k20a EG at the same power you're at. That thing just kept pulling and pulling and pulling. Your setup is top notch.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had a buddy with a k20a EG at the same power you're at. That thing just kept pulling and pulling and pulling. Your setup is top notch.
Thanks man, it's a fun little setup. I'm mostly happy with it because I know im holding it back, so I won't be getting bored of it anytime soon since I have more I can do with it without getting into straight up race car status lol.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No real updates on the car lately....trying to save money for several things, pay off a few debts, about to go to vegas for the wifey's birthday, and I need to get my funds aside for an intake manifold. I may take some of the car apart to flip a few parts because I want to make some changes, but we'll see. I'll keep my mouth shut until I know for sure what I want to do.

Only thing I have been up to is beating on the car and getting my money's worth out of it. Met up with a few friends and some locals and did a few random runs. Here's a few pics from afterwards

I really need some stickier tires, these drag radials made such a big difference on this K20 EG

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Check on some R888 for the front. My buddy says they made a world of difference with hooking up on his boosted Si. Hes in the 400-500whp area I think.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check on some R888 for the front. My buddy says they made a world of difference with hooking up on his boosted Si. Hes in the 400-500whp area I think.
I was going to go with tires in that range, but I daily this car still....and after numerous people running through r888, NT01, and AO48's in around 3k miles, it's not worth it for me, on top of the hydroplaning with that small tread depth and design. R888 and AO40's were my first choice but after I weighed the benefits, i see it's not for me. This car doesn't sit in the garage enough for all that.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Understand that for sure. I LOVED my RE-11's and they are great in the rain. Its life was very good and never did me wrong. They were a daily tire for me, but I also used them on track if it was, or forcasted, to rain. However, the sister tire to the R888 is a rain tire, but also R compound, the RA1. I had those, but only for track use. I cannot say how they would last on a daily basis.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't like the re-11's in the rain. They hydroplane bad when there's more than just a light rain on the ground. At least that's my experience.
Makes me think I'm eventually going to switch to 17's so I can run Michelin tires.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
... This car doesn't sit in the garage enough for all that.
As well it shouldnt! All that work & attention to detail deserves to be enjoyed regularly.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't like the re-11's in the rain. They hydroplane bad when there's more than just a light rain on the ground. At least that's my experience.
Makes me think I'm eventually going to switch to 17's so I can run Michelin tires.
Thats the first I've ever head that. Good to put more info out from experience, but a lot of us who autocross/track use them FOR the rain because they do so well...haha. I put considerable miles in all sorts of weather. The only issue I found was deep winter below freezing temps, but thats expected due to the compound of the tire.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm poor again, so I haven't been doing anything new to the car. Took a few random pics in my hot ass garage the other day

Also got bored enough to make a little sound clip since I get asked about the muffler quite a bit.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also got bored enough to make a little sound clip since I get asked about the muffler quite a bit.
A prime example of the opposite of ricey sound.:clap:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A prime example of the opposite of ricey sound.:clap:
I'm gonna need to remember this page number. That sound clip will be a very useful reference for these newbies who think fart cans sound "good".