CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is probably my favorite build here. Can't wait to see where the future takes you.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot! Keeping my fingers crossed for some new updates for everyone to check out. I've been quiet and slow for awhile since my wife's bday just came up and we spent a week in Vegas.....so the money disappeared real fast haha.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Making some moves..... my tuner JTran came through with a killer deal that I just couldn't refuse. I was planning to swap heads later after testing a big plenum manifold on the stock port TSX head, but since this offer came up I'm skipping a step.

Johnny gave me this nicely ported PRB-1 head. The eibach dual valve springs and retainers and valves will go, replacing the springs and retainers with my fresh stuff from my head and I'm going to go ahead and grab a set of Ferrea 6000 valves for this head.

exhaust ports

intake side

it's not all super CNC fresh, but it's very nicely done.

The money pit up at the shop

Also put in a nice little order with K-Tuned, so I'll have some new stuff to show off whenever that shows up.

conor97hx

Looking good, we're pretty much twins exterior wise if i ever get tires for my new wheels lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good, we're pretty much twins exterior wise if i ever get tires for my new wheels lol
twins....minus my headlights, my grill, my spoon wipers, my mRacing mirrors, no wing, no rear lip, and my enkei's that hardly anyone can ahold of. Our tail lights and paint match though haha. :beer:

conor97hx

twins....minus my headlights, my grill, my spoon wipers, my mRacing mirrors, no wing, no rear lip, and my enkei's that hardly anyone can ahold of. Our tail lights and paint match though haha. [emoji481]
I was talking about from a distance haha

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
twins....minus my headlights, my grill, my spoon wipers, my mRacing mirrors, no wing, no rear lip, and my enkei's that hardly anyone can ahold of. Our tail lights and paint match though haha.
:beer:
In Conors defense, he didnt say identical twins.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha, true true. I just had to take the opportunity to be a smart ass. It's what old people like me do lol.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
autofair honda ftw

golden eagle/oem 88mm headgasket. Screw Cometic head gaskets lol.

Sold my RBC and 80mm TB...should have my new stuff this coming tuesday. Still going to be awhile before I get everything put together since I want to pick up some ferrea valves and go 36/30 on the PRB head.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha, true true. I just had to take the opportunity to be a smart ass. It's what old people like me do lol.
Hence, why I joined in.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally got my hands on an intake manifold! I like a lot of the details that went into the design.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/xxNgLb]

them CNC flanges. I like how the ports are on the back side of the plenum instead of sticking out front or on the bottom.

I think a lot of people have seen the velocity stack setup.

The curve to the runners and how the plenum sits is nice. Provides some good hood clearance.

Also picked up a 90mm TB, the new version with the MAP and IACV provisions on it, but i'm using a 3.5" inlet on it. I plan to keep using a 3.5" intake piping to the 3.5" inlet since 90mm at the butterfly is 3.55" anyway, so it's basically a fully matched entry into the plenum.

These next few pics aren't a proper representation of the fitment of this intake manifold. I have to trim my water pump housing down to actually put it on, but I just sat it in the general area and took some pics. Mostly out of excitement that I finally got it lol.

You can see that it'll have good hood clearance here. It should sit a bit lower once it's actually on.

Since I heard a lot of concerns about the radiator hose on instagram, my current upper hose is a chopped up hose that I cut just to fit with the different outlet on my upper water neck for k24/z3 engines. So it sits very much in the way since it has bends that were meant for the other water outlet, plus again, the manifold isn't even up against the head. blah blah blah

Same basic view with the throttle body on and a more clear shot showing that the manifold is just dangling in place for now

just a random shot. I did 1 pass of polish on the manifold and started a second on the left runner in the pic

It might be awhile before I put everything together and get some dyno results with the new setup because I think I'm going to change up a few things all at once when I pull the engine out and swap the head.
[/url]

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was going to ask what aftermarket parts on your car were K-Tuned but then I realized the better question was what aftermarket parts aren't theirs?

Looking good Kerry. That is one serious IM and TB.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm hooked on K-Tuned parts man. They do two things like, make shiny s**t and make parts that arent the norm.

I've been in touch with Ryan of rywire about a tucked radiator setup. I think I'm going to do that as well with all the new stuff. I wanted to do one before because I hated the excess under hood temps I was getting that really heated up my intake manifold and cold air intake. The intake still dropped temps but it would slowly and continually rise under heavy load.

I figured now would be the time to do it since things will be coming out of the bay anyway, and I think it'll further benefit my new intake manifold

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man only in Texas could a full size aluminum radiator be an insufficient cooling option :lol: Love the Rywire stuff, was just reading up on his integra build.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man only in Texas could a full size aluminum radiator be an insufficient cooling option :lol: Love the Rywire stuff, was just reading up on his integra build.
lol. It was a really good radiator, it just caused a lot of heat soak due to the size and no shroud

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haven't done anything special yet...I need to finish trimming my water pump housing for the intake manifold and stop being lazy and drain the coolant and rip out my radiator setup and try to get that thing sold.

In the meantime, I did what I also do when I'm poor....polish lol.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
High Performance in that engine bay :thumbup:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy crap after 268 pages and a weeks Time I'm finally to the end and I am dumbstruck. You, my friend, are a honda artist the more I read your build thread the more inspired I got I just hope someday my coupe will be as sick as yours
That's setting the bar high for yourself. Thats why I gladly settle for the quieter, subtle, good-looking Honda sibling.