ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Never realized the radiator sat that far forward.

What did you get from Sheepy?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never realized the radiator sat that far forward.

What did you get from Sheepy?
It's not really that far out, it seems like it is from the angles i take some of the pics. It's nearly flush with the lower part of the radiator core support. I tried to center it over the core support but with it being 3" thick it overhangs slightly.

Ordered a sidewinder exhaust manifold with v-band connection to run a full v-band precision turbo and custom up pipes =)

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not really that far out, it seems like it is from the angles i take some of the pics. It's nearly flush with the lower part of the radiator core support. I tried to center it over the core support but with it being 3" thick it overhangs slightly.

Ordered a sidewinder exhaust manifold with v-band connection to run a full v-band precision turbo and custom up pipes =)
Siiiiiiick! What size turbo are you thinking of running? I'm excited to see this run!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Siiiiiiick! What size turbo are you thinking of running? I'm excited to see this run!
im not going to be running anything crazy, just a precision pt6262. With the displacement and compression ratio, it'll make power easy

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not going to be running anything crazy, just a precision pt6262. With the displacement and compression ratio, it'll make power easy
Hah! I've personally rode in cars with a B18 and that turbo. The levels of crazy are all dependent on that boost dial! :lol:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well let's see.....

It has been a very long time of nothing going on. Some shipping issues kinda killed my vibe and I haven't been motivated to do much to the car.

I scored one of those rare navi systems from a friend of mine. I've always wanted one just for the sake of owning it. I don't care to make it fully functional. It's just one of those, "for me" parts I just felt like having.

Also snagged one of spherical shifter cable ends and threw that on. Such a simple change made the shifting feel better. I heard the race spec cables with now come with these already.

Picked up the new designed upper coolant housing for K20's. I like this design much better. It's far more sturdy and o-ringed. Although I didn't have a problem with the old design, I didn't like that it could be wiggled around.

I tried sharing these pics on the facebook k20a.org page and I think more people were concerned with telling me how my can't "will not" run without a coolant overflow lol...even though I haven't ran one in the last 3 years.

So.....I planned to turbocharge this setup, and I still do. I've literally been waiting for months for my turbo manifold and up pipes. I ordered and waited 4 weeks before contacting sheepey about progress on the hot parts kit. When I got in touch with him, I was told it had shipped 2 weeks prior but I didn't get any shipping confirmation or anything. Also, there was a typo in my house number of my address.....but the carrier delivered my package with no signature required to a completely different address than mine!

Long story short, sheepey worked with me to get me another kit made at no charge and I just recently got shipping info for it. Since that mishap happened, I stopped doing anything further until I got that all sorted out. It was a big expense that killed my vibe to work on the car. So now i'm a little excited again. In the meantime, I decided to make the car drive-able since I miss it and grabbed another Ktuned big tube header. When funds pop up, i'll put the rest of the car back together from the things I sold off.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I also picked up some things for the boost setup from vibrant that I know i'll be using, like this really happy looking catch can

I'm kind of hooked on the vanjens now lol.

...and here the car sits, no wheels and tires, no suspension, and no front bumper (it was destroyed on the passenger upper corner) I got tired of "making it work".

hopefully more updates soon rather than more issues....

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm glad you are getting over the bumps man. I'm sure that burden being lifted was a great feeling.

The car is looking great!

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Child your car is so AMAZING, every time I look at your thread i wish my civic will turn out to be half as cool as yours. I plan on putting the GSR in my coupe but every time I see your car on here it makes me want to put the K24A1 I have in my garage (spare engine from my CRV). Keep up the amazing work. Can't wait to see more.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Turbo stuff come yet?
unfortunately no. But I do have tracking info of a label being created and signatures required this time. I'm assuming it's waiting to be shipped in bulk with other finished products. I typically see several things shown on their social media with talk about shipments heading out. We'll see....

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FINALLY! My birthday gift to myself, back in April, has finally arrived!!!! Sheepey sidewinder full vband with 60mm wastegate option, and up pipes tailored to clear the oem battery in it's stock location

a little balancing act for mock-up photos

Clearance will obviously be much better with the turbo and wastegate in place. I have everything leaning against the firewall just to sit up for pictures so I could get an idea of the final look and share with everyone.

I picked up a turbo today. I ended up going a little bigger and better than I had planned since I got a deal I couldn't pass up. JTran Motorsports came through for me with a nice generation 2 PT6466. I'll be picking up a vband turbine housing .82A/R for it and doing a rebuild on it. With a turbo this size, i'll never need to upgrade unless I want to time travel lol.