CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your car is just like mine, except cleaner. You inspired me to clean my bay a little and even start a wire tuck. Did you move your harness behind the fenders or did you just take off the clips and move it out of sight?

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Seems like the steering wheel sticks out really far but it looks good nonetheless. The tucking looks clean as well. :thumbs up

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow nice progress child i remember checking your old build thread a couple years ago and that was dope can't wait to see where your going with this one :thumbs up

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your car is just like mine, except cleaner. You inspired me to clean my bay a little and even start a wire tuck. Did you move your harness behind the fenders or did you just take off the clips and move it out of sight?
I unloomed the harness and ran it behind the fenders like most tucks. For the wiper motor, I decided to de pin the large clip, run the wires through the same place as the headlight harness and then fish it back through the whole thats in the cowl. The big plug is now behind the dash.

Seems like the steering wheel sticks out really far but it looks good nonetheless. The tucking looks clean as well. :thumbs up
It sticks out a bit but not much further than stock, maybe half an inch. When sitting in a bucket seat, my arms would be almost straight out to grab the wheel. I would lean forward to make turns, now I can stay planted when cornering and turn comfortably.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Goods good man, where did you put the windshield wiper fluid bottle/tank?
in the trash can =) I never use those...i just hate the ugly "car eyebrows" it leaves on your windshield when you clean using the squirters

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ I agree only time I've ever used them is when nasty water gets splashed on my windshield w/ oil and s**t..damn Florida rain.

K00PA

Registered VIP
Mayne!!! Dat boy CHiLD...damn we really miss you on the Squad bro...didnt kno you ran across this needle in a hay stack ass EK? Plus Im not on here as much but lookin' legit man. Congrats on tying the knot too I seen the pics on FB, I bet japan was a blast...to be honest I wouldnt have came back...Lol Well Im not on here alot but just cause you dont have a coupe anymore dont mean you lost your OG status, so don't be afraid to stop by the Squad from time to time big homie...and when Im on CC i'll be sure to drop by and see how the new red machine turns out...GL bro Peace! (H-Town FTW>H-Town Thieves FTL)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mayne!!! Dat boy CHiLD...damn we really miss you on the Squad bro...didnt kno you ran across this needle in a hay stack ass EK? Plus Im not on here as much but lookin' legit man. Congrats on tying the knot too I seen the pics on FB, I bet japan was a blast...to be honest I wouldnt have came back...Lol Well Im not on here alot but just cause you dont have a coupe anymore dont mean you lost your OG status, so don't be afraid to stop by the Squad from time to time big homie...and when Im on CC i'll be sure to drop by and see how the new red machine turns out...GL bro Peace! (H-Town FTW>H-Town Thieves FTL)
I'll have to drop by and see whats going on with the squad....makes me miss my coupe though haha.

where the updates at?
Nothing special going really....same old stuff, cleaning, hiding this, removing that type of crap. Think im going to knock out some small things like a lip, grill, and shift knob and also start getting some wheels. Probably will snag the same set of wheels and rubber i last had.

passenger side headlight harness tucked

misc. brackets and bolt that aren't actually holding things removed.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you cut that front inside fender to fish that harness through? and damnit bastard i thought you would be getting a lil more ballar set of wheels and tires so i could have your old setup...guess ill go baller

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you cut that front inside fender to fish that harness through? and damnit bastard i thought you would be getting a lil more ballar set of wheels and tires so i could have your old setup...guess ill go baller
I want a fresh set of something baller just to say I have some, but I just dont know what I want. Thought about the Work cr01 wheels but I'm not feeling em completely. I want something that I dont see all the time that will also give a flush offset. A lot of rare jdm wheels are skinny and pretty high offset.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clean!

I love doing work that doesn't cost money.
=) agreed. Helps me to pass the time while i save up

duuuuuuuuuuuude, you cleaned that bay up REAL good! :thumbs up
Oh, yeah i did cut the holes to run the headlight harness through. You have to cut a second hole where the circular hole is already at so that you have room to connect the clips together. Doing it this way keeps you from cutting/extending/splicing any of the harness.

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i never thought id see a wire tucked completely stock y7, makes me want a single cam :]