Civic 2001 cluster gauge

Drulex

Okay, I know this question has already been asked for older models, but I need an absolutely certain answer to this : will a civic LX 2002 coupe cluster gauge fit a 2001 civic DX? I know it will physically fit, but I need to know if the tachometer and other gauges will work because my DX does not have the RPM gauge. So will the gauges work if I just plug and play it? And if not can someone tell me what wires I have to modify to make it work? Thanks a lot and sorry if this has already been answered, I did search a lot but I need confirmation on this from someone who did it.

Thanks

Drulex

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude, a friend of mine did a gauge cluster swap with the same vehicles you are stating. He simply uninstalled the stock DX cluster in his 2002 Civic DX and installed a cluster from a 2001 LX Civic. Its straight up plug-n-play.

So many people (even for other Civics) are afraid that if they install one with a tachometer and their old cluster doesn't have a tachometer, they think it won't work! Its not a problem. You simply need to know that if you...

1) If you have a gauge cluster and a automatic trans: YOU NEED AN AUTOMATIC LX GAUGE CLUSTER
2) But if you have gauge cluster and a manual transmission: YOU NEED A MANUAL LX GAUGE CLUSTER

Manual Transmission (M/T) = won't work with an automatic gauge cluster
AND...
Automatic Transmission (AT) = won't work with an manual gauge cluster

WiRi

hey men i have a 2004 coupe dx manual cluster without tach and y had to put a 2005 coupe EX automatic cluster with tach... and i try to plug and play but dosent work.... I did search a lot but i cant find anything about that.... so... i need help... its that possible?