1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Civic 2001 cluster gauge

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by Drulex, Feb 14, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Drulex

Drulex New Member

Okay, I know this question has already been asked for older models, but I need an absolutely certain answer to this : will a civic LX 2002 coupe cluster gauge fit a 2001 civic DX? I know it will physically fit, but I need to know if the tachometer and other gauges will work because my DX does not have the RPM gauge. So will the gauges work if I just plug and play it? And if not can someone tell me what wires I have to modify to make it work? Thanks a lot and sorry if this has already been answered, I did search a lot but I need confirmation on this from someone who did it.

Thanks

Drulex

2. Nebster66

Nebster66 yesSIR-S Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Dude, a friend of mine did a gauge cluster swap with the same vehicles you are stating. He simply uninstalled the stock DX cluster in his 2002 Civic DX and installed a cluster from a 2001 LX Civic. Its straight up plug-n-play.

So many people (even for other Civics) are afraid that if they install one with a tachometer and their old cluster doesn't have a tachometer, they think it won't work! Its not a problem. You simply need to know that if you...

1) If you have a gauge cluster and a automatic trans: YOU NEED AN AUTOMATIC LX GAUGE CLUSTER
    2) But if you have gauge cluster and a manual transmission: YOU NEED A MANUAL LX GAUGE CLUSTER

Manual Transmission (M/T) = won't work with an automatic gauge cluster
    AND...
    Automatic Transmission (AT) = won't work with an manual gauge cluster

3. Drulex

Drulex New Member

Oh sick thanks a lot man!

4. ayalaflorence

ayalaflorence New Member

So Its The Same For A 2004 Civic Dx Manuel

5. WiRi

WiRi New Member

hey men i have a 2004 coupe dx manual cluster without tach and y had to put a 2005 coupe EX automatic cluster with tach... and i try to plug and play but dosent work.... I did search a lot but i cant find anything about that.... so... i need help... its that possible?