Civic 2002 4D AC wont start?

Abid Ali

Hi Guys,

Last month I bought Civic 2002 Sedan 4D VTI Prosmatic with dead AC. The green light on AC button comes on, fan blower is working but compressor and condenser fan don't run. I bought 2002 service manual, lined up the wiring and done the following checks with the guidance of service manual.
Compressor starts when ground ECM connector pin E18.
Condenser and Radiator fan starts when ground ECM connector pin B6.
When ground MCU connector pin F9 AC don't start.
MCU connector E10 terminal pin voltage 0.05V and MCU terminal pin voltage 6.5V.
DTC do not starts as mentioned in manual, showing study approximately 3sec pitch blinks constantly from starts.

Thanks

rjsartain

Hi Guys,

Last month I bought Civic 2002 Sedan 4D VTI Prosmatic with dead AC. The green light on AC button comes on, fan blower is working but compressor and condenser fan don't run. I bought 2002 service manual, lined up the wiring and done the following checks with the guidance of service manual.
Compressor starts when ground ECM connector pin E18.
Condenser and Radiator fan starts when ground ECM connector pin B6.
When ground MCU connector pin F9 AC don't start.
MCU connector E10 terminal pin voltage 0.05V and MCU terminal pin voltage 6.5V.
DTC do not starts as mentioned in manual, showing study approximately 3sec pitch blinks constantly from starts.

Thanks
Anybody???
This I have found for mine
http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/honda/1.7L/civic-under-hood-fuse-box

aRoKz89

if the ac system does not have freon then the compressor wont turn on, only way to check if you have freon in ur system then you gotta take it to a shop where they can hook up an AC machine. u prolly have a leak