Civic 2004 Radio Installation

domo

Does anyone know how to install a radio in a 2004 Honda Civic? The stock radio is like "built-in" the dash, I looked on youtube and saw a guy removing the shift stick, the middle arm box, the whole panel, doors panel, all of that to remove a freaking radio??
I heard about the lighterplug, PLEASE HELP! I have absolutely NO experience in wiring / installing radio, I bought a kit on ebay ( 4 Pcs Door/Dash panel Removal tool) I hope somebody could tell me how to do it; What do I need so far ( What is suppose to come with the radio ?) Thanks every1

elianthony

5+ Year Member
I have an '01 and the first thing I did was pull the stock radio out when I got the car. From what I remember only the radio/temp and acc. socket panels have to come out.

The acc. socket panel is held in by clips. carefully pry on it and it should come straight out. My car is manual so I have to put it in 3rd and e-brake, the dc socket should have 1 plug going to it.

Under the radio panel toward the back should be 2 socket head bolts (8's or 10's), take those out, from there carefully pry on the radio/temp panel, there will be metal clips on the top and bottom (be careful not to drop them), the panel will only come out so far until you unclip the temp electrical plugs, don't worry about mixing them up they only fit there designated sockets.

From there the panel should come fully out, at this point you can unplug the radio harness and antenna.

Do you have an aftermarket radio wiring harness in your kit?

JonBoy33

Hi ive just bought a 2003 honda civic and am wanting to replace the stock stereo with somthing fancy touchscreen bluetooth all that mumbo. Has any done this themselfs could u tell me what stereo u used / where a good place to get it done. Thanks