Civic 2009 LX Rims / Lowering Kit

ZackHill

I drive a 2009 Civic LX Coupe, and I don't want to try any harder to make my car a performance car. I want to focus on looks. A local civic driver in my city said rims and lowering kit is the way to go. Are there any reccomended brands of rims / lowering kits for a 2009 civic LX? Is it possible that they stay below $500?
Thanks!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

For wheels ("rims" is the incorrect term, not even sure how that became popular) ... whatever you like! Just make sure the bolt pattern is the same and the offset is similar to OEM to ensure proper fitment. Keep in mind that since you'll be lowering the car, you won't want giant wheels on there.

As for lowering, it depends on your budget. Springs and struts or coilovers? Coilovers are adjustable, but more expensive. I'm not exactly sure what's good for 9th gen Civics, so I would recommend browsing the ClubCivic store for some ideas. Before purchasing, just google that make and model of what you're looking at for some reviews.

I would recommend staying away from eBay or knockoff parts. If they don't have a website, chances are it's cheaply made. Not always the case, but more likely than not.

ZackHill

:welcome:

For wheels ("rims" is the incorrect term, not even sure how that became popular) ... whatever you like! Just make sure the bolt pattern is the same and the offset is similar to OEM to ensure proper fitment. Keep in mind that since you'll be lowering the car, you won't want giant wheels on there.

As for lowering, it depends on your budget. Springs and struts or coilovers? Coilovers are adjustable, but more expensive. I'm not exactly sure what's good for 9th gen Civics, so I would recommend browsing the ClubCivic store for some ideas. Before purchasing, just google that make and model of what you're looking at for some reviews.

I would recommend staying away from eBay or knockoff parts. If they don't have a website, chances are it's cheaply made. Not always the case, but more likely than not.
Thankya! I appreciate the input!

Also, would you happen to know how much installation of lowering springs would cost? I was told I'd have to get my tires aligned aswell?

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thankya! I appreciate the input!

Also, would you happen to know how much installation of lowering springs would cost? I was told I'd have to get my tires aligned aswell?
It may cost around $250-$350 as it varies by your area. Definitely get it aligned afterwards at a reputable place.