Civic being stored away

blackdeath159

Im going to be leaving for boot camp and tech school on February 1st and i just wanted to know what i should do to prepare my car for the six months of me not driving it. What would i need to do to the engine and exterior? Is there anything i can add to the fuel or oil so it won't get any moisture? I live in riverside so i don't have to worry about snow. all i have is very windy days and very hot weather.

emerican

Registered VIP
if its goin to be outside a car cover or if you dont have one of those a tarp would protect the exterior
it would be ideal if someone you trust or family member could go crank it at least every week or so and just let it run for a little while or drive it would be even better that would make sure the battery didnt die and would keep the oil and gas and all moving through the motor at least a little bit

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First things first, top off all fluids. (oil, gas, coolant, etc.) It's just good precaution.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do an oil change
fill up your tank
add a fuel stabilizer and run it for a bit
make sure all other fluids are full
tire pressure 5-10 psi more than normal if you're gonna leave it on the ground or jack it up and not worry about flat spots
cover your exhaust tip
uplug your battery or take it out completely
wash and wax your car
car cover
make sure e-brake is down

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
roll down window slightly so air can circulate inside the car so it won't be smelling funky as soon as you open the door lol

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good luck brah.

Airforce?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP