civic coupe/sedan mud flaps to hatchback

EKFour

hi, I've been looking into buying mud flaps for my 98 dx hatch, I can find a pair for the fornt, but it is nearly impossible to find them for the rear. My question is, if I bought a pair of sedan or coupe rear mud guards, how would I modify it to fit onto my hatchback? thanks

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Cut and trim probably. Where are you looking? I've been searching for 4wd mud flaps for my civic wagon and THOSE suckers are hard to find under $250 (which I refuse to pay).

EKFour

thanks cgp! but is 125 for used guards any good? and alaska, do you know of any diy's that show this? I cant find any anywhere lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can buy them brand new from ICB motorsports, and you don't have to cut or trim anything at all.

I did the same thing for my hatch. You simply hold the mud guard up against the bumper to where it aligns with the shape of the rear bumper, and use self tapping screws through the normal screw locations in the mud guard but you force a hole into the bumper (which will be a little ways away from the dimple in the rear bumper where hatchback specific mud guards would go)

96-98 coupe mud guards

same exact mud guards fitted to my coupe now

I don't know if this fitment holds true for the 99-00 models Experiment and find out yourself just like I did.

EKFour

Thanks for the tip child, just ordered the mud guards and I can't wait to get them on! Love your civic by the way =)