Civic hesitates/bogs below 3500rpms

AwestruckOrange

Hey guys, this one has me stumped. I've got a 94 Civic DX Hatch with a D15, (Canada model). It's got a full exhaust and cold air intake, no other mods. I got it last year, and I've put 17k miles on it. It's been awesome until just recently. about 1000 miles ago it started hesitating real bad on low end acceleration, I mean bad, it would bog and chug especially bad in first and second gear, until it got to about 3500 rpms, then it would take off, almost like turbo lag. It spark knocked bad too under a load. I changed the plugs and wires, and then the coil went bad and the car wouldn't start, So I replaced the entire dizzy. Car started, and ran, but still hesitated. I thought maybe I got some bad gas, so I ran it almost out, and put a tank of premium in it. The spark knocking mostly went away. But it still had the hesitation, so I replaced the fuel filter today, nothing changed. I'm running out of ideas, and I'm going to be on the road a lot soon, I would really love some help. I put a new battery in it, nothing, took the fuse out to try to reset the ECU, nothing. Tomorrow I'm going to try to clean the Tbody and IACV, but ANY suggestions would help.

AwestruckOrange

I should add, The car JUST rolled over 100k miles on Wednesday, Timing belt was replaced at 70k. the CEL is NOT on, so I can't pull any codes.

d&j costmetixx

change your idle control valve ..it could cause a bad bogg under 3500 rmp . dont over think it. IACV IF IT IDLES GOOD AND RUNS GOOD AFTER 3K IF NOT THEN CHECK YOUR INJECTORS ,IF AN INJECTOR IS NOT REACEVING POWER ITS YOUR DIZZY ..

SeeOurWrecks

5+ Year Member
can you verify please your mechanical and electrical timing? make sure it hasn't jumped a tooth on the timing belt

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clogged converter? Maybe too much weld snot within the piping restricting air flow?

mx891

I also had a problem with bogging.. I changed my plugs and wires and that solved the problem for me. hopefully that helps.=)

SlammedEG

fuel filer, dizzy, plugs, wires, rotor, id say its spark too ^ also had problem couple weeks ago