Civic Motor Swap 8th gen

gus.goalie72

I'm taking into consideration putting in a built motor into my 06 Honda civic. Can any gen motor fit into almost any civic? Say would an older engine be able to fit, or be a close fit for my 06? Just thinking here and don't know much about this subject and any information at all would be helpful, thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
On the older gen. engines into your car, no.

Seeing as we know absolutely nothing about your car, we can't give you any good advice on what to do.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Plus, swapping an older engine to a newer civic is kind of pointless, when the k series and r18s are better than the older ones. An 06 civic isn't exactly light either so the older engines would struggle.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
only swap you can do on these body are K swaps older gen motor will not fit and wiring is going to hell. you can swap in any k series

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MUCH more trouble, work and cash than it would ever be worth.
There is no benefit to trying to fit an older Honda D, B or H series motor in any Civic older than '01.

dancam

Registered VIP
Why not build the motor thats in it rather than build a motor that was weaker to begin with and swap it in? I think the 7th gen D17 is a pretty terrible motor to try and build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gus.goalie72

What all would I need to put a built motor in my 06 civic ex? Say if the motor was older than 8th gen? I'm imagining I can't just simply just add one in without having to change stuff around or it not be possible.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I merged your other thread (comment #7) into this one as its the same topic.

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're essentially asking what are the basics of what an engine swap entails, of which there are thousands of online articles that you can search for and read through. Put some effort and start there so you learn the basic understanding, then search for what options are viable for your particular Civic, of which there are few.