Civic shut off while driving

JoshEJ1

Well I'm sorry in advance if the answer to my concern is simple. I just really see how many of you are very knowledgeable and would appreciate any help I may get.

I was driving today when my car shut off out of no where, battery light came on and it shut off. It would not turn over after that, would crank but sort of hesitate and would crank over a couple of times but only for a few seconds. The battery seemed fine due to all lights and radio working properly but after many attempts of trying to turn it over including jump starting it wouldn't give. I finally got it to crank over but at basically very low rpm, sputtering. I decided to give it gas from under the hood and it finally turned over. Now my concern is that it definitely seems to be idling funny and shaking/hesitating while giving it gas when driving and I'm getting a burnt smell while in the car. I can't tell what it's idle at due to the cluster always basically sitting at 0 when idling, it's been like that since I got the car. It does work but when taking off at idle it has just always stood at 0 but before today the car has always felt fine nor ever given me a issue.

I'm just not in the best spot with money at the moment and can't really afford to pay a mechanic for the work nor start replacing parts in the blind. I would really appreciate any help, thank you.

ChuecoEh2

Respected
Now am not sure if this is your issue...but mine used to do the same thing...until i kept hitting the fuel pump relay...then i changed it and it stopped...so that's an idea...another thing...i would check for any unplugged hoses or vacuum leaks and a cracked IM...just ideas