Clear coat brand recommendation?

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would like to clear coat my fog light covers. Does anyone have a good automotive brand they could recommend. I noticed quality differs greatly in the spray paint world. Is it true paint shops get much better quality product than what retail stores can ever offer? What brand should I use for my fog light protection project? Where can I get the good stuff? Thanks

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've never heard of people using clearcoat spray as a protection, typically it is a protective clear film. The films are resilient to debris and penetration and allow the option of replacement in the event of excessive wear. Most popular would be the 3M protective films, but there are a ton of reputable companies that make just as good if not a better product.

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks. I'm aware of 3M protective film commonly used for front end protection. However, I just don't know how any film would be able mold to the covers. An ej8squad member recommended that he used clear coat for his head lights. After several rock chips did some damage, he would sand the head lights back to normal. I think that is a pretty good idea. I have heard of several cc members using clear coat to protect their head lights from UV damage.