Climate Control Knob stuck (with video)

dth0ng69

5+ Year Member
Hey My problem is that my climate control the hot/cold knob doesn't go to cold, it goes to hot and the middle it doesn't go to cold. It looks like theres a white thing that gets stuck or is in the way .. im not sure..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_oKgoKb58Y

anyone with a 96+ civic knows how its supose to look like, is the white thing on the left suppose to be in the way like that? or suppose to be in the groove?

dth0ng69

5+ Year Member
alright so long story short i ended up snapping off the white thing on accident and im not sure what to do, hot air doesn't work with that thing snapped offf....... should i go to service at honda??

JPW77

5+ Year Member
I have a 96 Civic LX as well and my climate control switch will not switch to hot....it stops in the middle just like yours does in the video. I haven't taken the time to look into it closer like you did in the video though. Hopefully someone chimes in with a fix because I sure would like to have a little heat this winter!

JPW77

5+ Year Member
Back to the top. I really would like to have heat in my car so can anyone offer any help?

dth0ng69, did you get yours fixed yet?

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dealerships are always expensive so I'd check a local shop, that doesn't seem like it would be a difficult fix. Mine used to do that and when i looked I had a bunch of dust and grime all over the plastic tracks, thats why mine was sticking...hope it works out, its gettin cold