Clunking noise when at a stop to go

00CivicSiblue

Hey guys i get a clunk when i start to accelerate from a stopped position, its not constant so im no sure, i feel it in the floor bored it also sounds like its coming from the passanger side and/or underneath the engine. i need help guys already checked motor mounts, lug nuts, and suspenson. my struts look shot, could that be it? btw its an em1 if that helps, thanks in advance:???:

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my struts look shot, could that be it? btw its an em1 if that helps, thanks in advance:???:
.....Possibly....Push down on your fender, and if your car bounces more than once, your struts are shot........If possible, post a video of noise, so we can help you more.......:mrgreen:

00CivicSiblue

I'd double check the motor, transmission, rear, and torque mounts.
Just replaced bottom driver side mount and engine mount. all other mounts are good.

@-deezy, the back ones are shot for the front are on there way. now as far as the video goes its more like a feel rather than noise. its hard as s**t to explain, i was thinking inner cv joints but boots are still good. but again its not a constant noise. its aggravating as hell though.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just replaced bottom driver side mount and engine mount. all other mounts are good.
Did you torque them or at least make sure they're cranked down good? Are they installed properly?

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Put your car on a lift, or jack stands.....With the weight off the suspension, you may be able to pinpoint or rule it out....