1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

clunking noise when turning

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by 94'BLKBRD, May 9, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. 94'BLKBRD

94'BLKBRD New Member 5+ Year Member

I replaced both axles on my GF's 95 Civic and still makes some clunking noises when I turn. The car also has new kyb struts. When I get off of the car I hear the noise so thats leading be to believe that it might be a busing. Also, can bad motor mounts cause this? I know the lower motor mount next to the belts is bad. Maybe a bad rack n pinion?

2. EGWiznat

EGWiznat New Member 5+ Year Member

could be mounts maybe but if its the mounts it would only be under load at low speeds and youd feel the car jolting back and for th a little ( or at least that's how it happened on my 93 Integra ) um other then the mounts it could be bushings. i think it would eathier be steering rack bushing or sway bar bushing if you have a front sway bar.

3. 94'BLKBRD

94'BLKBRD New Member 5+ Year Member

are the swaybar or rack bushings hard to replace?