Clutch Bleeding question

civic-crazy

5+ Year Member
When i tried to replace the clutch fluid in my 2001 Civic DX the first time my friend pushed the clutch pedal with the bleed valve open, the pedal went to the floor and never came back by itself. Tried bumping it a few times and nothing changed. The pedal still went to the floor with no return. I thought that the master clutch cylinder had gone bad, so I replaced it. Replacing the master clutch cylinder did not fix the problem. This is the first time I am trying to change the clutch fluid in a honda, but I cannot get any pressure build-up. How long does it take to build pressure in the clutch system? Thank you in advance for any responces.

kieltshonda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you arn't bleeding it right you push the pedal down and hold it with the valve closed then as your holding it down have some one open the valve and let fluid through. Keep the pedal down and have the other person close the valve. Release the pedal and repeat until you get full pressure. Just make sure you keep fluid in the clutch cylinder.

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member
I hope it is not like brakes. If you push the brake pedal to the floor while bleeding brakes, you can cause serious damage to you brake system (I forget what part). But unfortunately, I am just giving you one more thing to worry about. I don't know what is wrong with it, but I would keep looking into it.

civic-crazy

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the info. She is up and running. The system had alot more air than I had thought.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
:rolf: @ Original post

you replaced it cause the pedal didn't come back up?

you arn't bleeding it right you push the pedal down and hold it with the valve closed then as your holding it down have some one open the valve and let fluid through. Keep the pedal down and have the other person close the valve. Release the pedal and repeat until you get full pressure. Just make sure you keep fluid in the clutch cylinder.

exactly. and when you close bleeder valve, the pedal isn't supposed to come back up, you're supposed to pull it back up with your foot, with the valve closed.