Clutch pedal pressure.

Whiteoutcivic95

Respected
I have a question about the clutch on this 95 Civic DX I'm getting. The clutch pedal seems pretty strong for a stock clutch. The guy I'm getting it from swears it's a stock clutch but the pedal pressure says it's not. To me it feels like a stage three clutch. I can feel the chatter when I let it out. It's not bad but interesting I guess I could say. It's not like it's chattering but I can feel when it catches. Maybe I'm not use to a hydro clutch. I've never come across this before as being a stock clutch. I've driven mechanical clutches that were stage two and I can say I was tired afterwards. Anyways I was just wondering what you thought I could be. I still think it's a stage two clutch.

dancam

Registered VIP
Big test is reverse. From a stop to get going in reverse do you have to slip it a lot for it to be smooth? Can you even ride it into reverse or do you just have to rev it up, dump it and go?
Stock is nice going into reverse, 3 puck stage 3 you cant even slip into reverse-its dump and fly, and stage 2 is somewhere in-between.
Take a bathroom scale and some kind of wooden rod and see how much pressure it takes to push the clutch down. Then let us know and see if someone else with the same transmission here will do the same for you to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiteoutcivic95

Respected
Big test is reverse. From a stop to get going in reverse do you have to slip it a lot for it to be smooth? Can you even ride it into reverse or do you just have to rev it up, dump it and go?
Stock is nice going into reverse, 3 puck stage 3 you cant even slip into reverse-its dump and fly, and stage 2 is somewhere in-between.
Take a bathroom scale and some kind of wooden rod and see how much pressure it takes to push the clutch down. Then let us know and see if someone else with the same transmission here will do the same for you to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can slip the clutch pretty well. I don't have to blip the throttle. I do have to put the pedal all the way down to just engage reverse but to get going I don't have to use the throttle at all well till I feel it begin to move but yeah. I will use the bathroom scale because I am interested in the pressure too. Again it just feels really high and tight but I haven't driven a manual in like 2 years give or take. Thanks for the info. I meant stage two but said three then two. All we need now is One and lift off lol.