Clutch pedal's losing pressure

daytripper

ijuanasauras Rx User
5+ Year Member
My clutch has been losing pressure lately. When it does it wont start disengaging until about 2/3rds down and I have to bang it in gear. It also hangs downs in the travel. If I lift up on the clutch pedal with my foot, pressure comes back in a few seconds and it shifts fine. The pedal bracket isnt loose and I have the right amount of freeplay when the clutch is working. B16 with Y21 tranny.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slave cylinder is shot.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yup. slave cylinder. I have had two go out on me, one on each of my hondas. Pretty cheap and easy repair. After you fix it, change your shifting/driving style just a little bit so you can conserve the life of it. I had a tendency to press the clutch the the floor and then some, just because of my long legs trying to stretch out. By doing so you stretch the cable and slowly create a leak in your slave that will eventually turn into said situation above. Hope that helps.

RonJ

Banned
Check for a fluid leak from the master cylinder, especially from the area above the clutch pedal in the cabin. If a leak is found, replace the master cylinder.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Bleed clutch hydraulic system, check slave, then master.