Clutch/ transmission ticking noise

I have a 1997 Civic Ex. Replaced the clutch and throw out bearing. Replaced all syncros and input shaft bearing. Now my car is making a lifter tick noise when clutch is engaged(pedal out/up) in neutral and in gear. I've replaced the new throw out with an even newer one. New flywheel new pilot bearing. I'm not sure what it could be If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Using an engine stethoscope or equivalent with the front end raised on jacks, have you actually pinpointed the noise to the transmission?

Is the MTF level at full? What type of MTF?

The noise only happens when I let out the clutch pedal all the way. I've filled it twice with Honda genuine mtf still same noise. Haven't filled it the 3rd yet because I know I'm gonna have to Yale it out again. I've felt around the clutch fork and no vibrations. The only thing left that I can think of is buying a new oem clutch disc and pressure plate. I've done hours of research on forums. Tried just about everything i can find that sounds related to my issues.

Yes car in neutral or in gear same noise. Is there a difference between the throw out and a release bearing? Just replaced the new throw out bearing with a newer one. I'll fill it up and drive it around the block after work. I have a couple quarts of Honda mtf any more suggestions would be awesome

Last edited: