code 14 iacv

rickyi869

So I have been getting a code 14. I tried changing out the iacv 3 times now, and still the same problem. I checked the plugs, and it is plugged in right, with the correct colors. I also checked the hole in the throttle body that goes to the iacv and it has no air suction.

What could it be?

RonJ

Banned
When you have a tech problem, it's essential that you mention what car and engine you have and whether the engine has any mods. Otherwise, you may get a lot of irrelevant advice. Place this information in your signature or somewhere else prominent.

rickyi869

Sorry about that. It's just a d15 with intake. I bought the car with the check engine light on. The previous owner said that he had just changed the headgasket. That he had changed it before any damage had happened. What do you think?

RonJ

Banned
Sorry about that. It's just a d15 with intake. I bought the car with the check engine light on. The previous owner said that he had just changed the headgasket. That he had changed it before any damage had happened. What do you think?
What car do you have? Place all of this key information into your signature or fill out your car information in the User CP.

RonJ

Banned
Is your warm idle speed below spec?

If you reset the ECU, does code 14 return? Are other codes besides code 14 thrown?

What ECU do you have?

Are the IACV wires cut and spliced?

rickyi869

Yeah I reset the ecu, and it comes back right away, Ill check to see what ecu I have, I thought it was the p06, but ill double check. The wires are not spliced, also in gear the car feels like its going to take off, even with my foot on the brake.

RonJ

Banned
...also in gear the car feels like its going to take off, even with my foot on the brake.
Auto or manual transmission? USDM D15b7 or JDM D15b engine?

Are you saying the warm engine idle speed is much higher than normal? Code 14 generally indicates a problem with the idle control system. Clearly describe the idle problem you are having.

Does the idle speed change at all if you unplug the IACV?

rickyi869

There is no change in idle if I unplug the iacv. It is an auto transmission with the usdm d15b7. In neutral or park it fluctuates as if it might turn off. Once in drive it goes away but then the idle is very high as if my foot was on the gas. I have also tried to loosen up the throttle cable just incase. I have to over gas it so that it wont sputter when I want it to run.. hopefully I described it to where you can understand what I'm talking about.

RonJ

Banned
Do you have any other CEL codes beside code 14?

Unplug the IACV, turn the key from off to ON(II), and then measure voltage to body ground at the Yel/Blk wire terminal in the IACV connector. Do you measure battery voltage?

Turn the key off and then measure the resistance between the two terminals of the IACV itself. What resistance do you measure?

Remove the IACV and clean the air passage way with carburetor or brake cleaner.

rickyi869

No, it does not have any other codes. I'll check it tomorrow and let you know, thanks for all your help.

rickyi869

Hey so I checked the voltage to the iacv wires, and I get nothing on the meter. It doesn't matter if I put the black on whatever color? Or does it have to go on the yellow;

RonJ

Banned
Hey so I checked the voltage to the iacv wires, and I get nothing on the meter. It doesn't matter if I put the black on whatever color? Or does it have to go on the yellow;
Did you turn the key to ON(II)?

Did you set the meter to read DC volts, typically on the 20V scale.

Did you touch the red meter probe to the Yel/Blk wire terminal and the black probe to body ground, such as the thermostat housing?

rickyi869

I checked it again on the dc volt, the black, and yellow goes to the 75 mark, and the blue and yellow does nothing unless I dropped the scale down to 2.5 then it would slightly move.

rickyi869

I'll check on the morning my ghetto meter. I wonder if I should run a straight wire from the ecu A5 to the iacv plug.

rickyi869

I'll check on the morning my ghetto meter. I wonder if I should run a straight wire from the ecu A5 to the iacv plug.

rickyi869

Ok so still trying to figure out my problem. I cleaned out the fitv and ran a wire directly from the ecu to the iacv plug, , I also changed the pcv valve, and nothing it still sputters at slight acceleration, and the idle fluters in park or neutral. When in drive it feels like it wants to take off. I don't know what else to do, anybody have any ideas?