Code P0135 D16y7

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I cannot seem to remove this code no matter what i do. The code reads bank1 sensor 1 02 sensor and i had it replaced with a brand new sensor. It is saying that there is a heater malfunction or something like that wrong.

Its a d16y7 with the exhaust swapped to a y8 style, so i had to cut and extend the wires for the sensor to reach. i checked all solder joints and there was zero resistance and they are not crossed either. I can get the code cleared and then after 20-30 miles it will come back.

Ive looked over the sensor multiple times and i just cant think of what it is anymore. Anyone have a clue? or a similar problem?

radracer

5+ Year Member
I have the same code as well , i cut and extended the wires for the rear o2 sensor as well but im running header with no cat and a de-fouler all was well until the snow i think i have a shorted out heater circuit, i placed an order for new rear o2 sensor and the extsion harness from option auto salon , was going to get the harness from password jdm but they dont stock it ........ im more than sure once the new sensor and harness are in the code will go away
. make sure if u get a entension harness that you get it longer than 36 inches

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guess it looks like i will have to order it and hopefully that works

Gunner

Registered VIP
These are the only things i can think of that would really cause that issue...but you said you fixed or checked them already..

O2 Heater element resistance is high
Internal short or open in the heater element
O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance
open or short to ground in the wiring harness

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, im thinking its somthing possibly wrong with the sensor. the wires have no resistance, i used a meter to check. i ordered the parts so now its just sit, wait, and hope it works!

Gunner

Registered VIP
You can check to see if the heater in the O2 sensor has failed fairly quickly. Unplug the sensor from the wiring harness. With an ohm meter measure the resistance across the 2 white wires. It should measure almost a short and most likely under 1 ohm. If you get no reading or high resistance the heater circuit has indeed failed and you need a new O2 sensor. If it reads almost a short the sensor is not at fault and there's a problem in the wiring harness.

ahh ok.. took to long to type LOL..

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bad news. I went and bought another o2 sensor yesterday. Was a brand new oem spec replacement again, and it was also long enough this time to reach the plug. so i didnt even need to use the extension harness.

I went to go get the code cleared yesterday, and drove it for 26 miles after that. No light. I went out to start it today and the light came right on. Im stuck, i have no clue where to look.

Today i went and inspected the engine harness and from what i could see, nothing was wrong. I checked the plug and nothing looked wrong. I even went and inspected the ecu and the plugs down there and they looked fine. Im going to get it scanned again tonight and see if its the same code. i hope its not.

Another idea was this. My car burns oil, could that be the cause perhaps?

Last edited:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if anyone local to me has a ecu i could try, i would appreciate it. i think it may be my problem maker