Code p0505; Idle Control System Malfunction (vid)

dth0ng69

5+ Year Member
Okay So I have a d16y7 stock except an intake. Here is my problem sometimes my car randomly when I’m idling start hunting for an Idle around 1500 rpm and moving a tiny bit up and down. And the car gets jerky when I gas or let go of the gas. (Like if I was on 2nd gear and let go it will jerk and when I gas it lightly its jerky)

Here is what it looks like, it sounds kind of like the 3p connector for IACV is disconnected and is hunting or searching for idle, but when I disconnect the 3p connector for IACV while this is happening it makes it makes the idle alot more hunting and irratic.

[YOUTUBE="My CEL"]gCXrGndKDik[/YOUTUBE][/QUOTE]

I had this problem before for about 2-3 months now, but ever since yesterday after I took my throttle body out to clean out my IACV again, it happens like every time, before Yesterday It only happened like 2-3 times a week. Now it happens like every time I drive randomly sometimes within few minutes sometimes within 30 mins., but whenever I turn the car off for like 2 seconds and turn it back on, it will stop but eventually come back.
I checked the CEL code with an OBD2 scanner at shucks, and it gave P0505 Idle Control System Malfunction.

I’ve heard that it doesn’t have to be the IACV malfunctioning but I don’t know what to look for, I’m wondering what I did when taking out the TB to make it occur more often. Can it also be the ECU?

I’m also wondering if I might have plugged in a sensor in the wrong place? Like the TBS in the MAP or IAT?

thanks so much reading, any help, feedback would be great, I had 2 d16y7.. and IDLE problems are a BI$%*

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Check for vacuum leaks.

RonJ

Banned
Did you install a new TB gasket and torque the TB nuts to spec?

Are all vacuum hoses connected? Are any leaking?

Have you tried bleeding the cooling system?

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make sure theres no air in the coolant and check for vac leaks.

Also the the intake air temp sensor works with the IACV, Might be something to look into.

what ECU is this? and how many wires go to the iacv?