Coilover Cost & preference

Nizzik

Hey guys.
Just got me a 96' DX Hatchback.
The ride feels floaty over bumps and bounces rather softly instead of hard hitting one time thing.
I want to replace the coil overs but a mechanic is quoting me $1200.00+ on install + parts.

If i want to do this myself...
-What kind of coilover setup is reccomended?
-How much should I be looking at for all 4 coilovers if im doing it myself?

Like i said... $1000. is my budget on parts & I will be installing them on my own.

I just want to be able to adjust the ride height on my own, the front only and match the back... heres a picture.

CDubs

Registered VIP
i recomend the function and form type 1s, i love mine, great ride not to stiff but stiff enough. look into them on meng motorsports, they are a site sponsor here great prices on them i highly recommend them myself and r3dline5.0 has them and he seems to love them too

Nizzik

Okay awesome, ill look into it.
Such a direct answer to my question & I like that!

Im moving in a few weeks and this car cant make it into the container to be shipped so dont have much time to lose.

Thank you CDubs.

CDubs

Registered VIP
no problem man...good luck with her =)

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes fnf type1 is the word around here. if you do get them, please update us with your satisfaction.

CDubs

Registered VIP
Okay will do, Im just awaiting a PM from MENG.
I'm sure I'm buying these once I get word from MENG!
good s**t, i say call them and ask for tony though, great guy allways willing to help out and sends the stuff out instantly

Nizzik

What is the car going to be used for?
It's gonna be my Daily Driver.
Work > School > Back home.

I have lots of plans for it, but just focusing on the suspension repairs for now & that crack in the windshield.
Just so I can get it on the ship to send when I move.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there is also the skunk2 springs and shockers. but i dont know how much it will lower.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
It's gonna be my Daily Driver.
Work > School > Back home.

I have lots of plans for it, but just focusing on the suspension repairs for now & that crack in the windshield.
Just so I can get it on the ship to send when I move.
If you ever plan on racing I'd recommend the Progress CS-II

American man, about the same price as Function Type1, and outstanding customer service. Track built shock.

If you're looking for just being dumped then go with the FF1

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yup function and form , mine have settled, and now im even more dumped than i was, lol, still ride good tho, i highly recomend them, and highly recomend meng motorsports also, tony is the s**t

smooveCRiMiNAL

5+ Year Member
meng is the s**t!!! he had a good price that i couldnt pass up on sum skunk2 pro c, and his shipping to hawaii is awesome, moving to different island??

Nizzik

Just contacted Meng Motorsports for my type 1 coilovers & Spoke with Tony.
The ordering of the product was superb! Hes such a cool guy & customer service was awesome! Id rate it 10/10
I also liked the CC.com Discount , and the shipping and handling to Hawaii is super! Not expensive at all.
Thanks again fellas for refering me to MENG. As I will be returning for more products.

Cant wait for my Type 1's in the mail!

CDubs

Registered VIP
Just contacted Meng Motorsports for my type 1 coilovers & Spoke with Tony.
The ordering of the product was superb! Hes such a cool guy & customer service was awesome! Id rate it 10/10
I also liked the CC.com Discount , and the shipping and handling to Hawaii is super! Not expensive at all.
Thanks again fellas for refering me to MENG. As I will be returning for more products.

Cant wait for my Type 1's in the mail!
told you =) glad you got em, hope you love them..i also got my master bushing set from them for a great price