Coilover knocking... HELP!

_Idrivethat_Ricer

Hey guys, so after months of saving, I got a set of Megan street series coilover for my car. 900 bucks... got them put on yesterday, all adjusted, not slammed, but low and every time I hit a bump in the road, my drivers side front coilover makes a violent knocking sound. None of the other ones do. At first I thought it was the strut hitting my axle, so I adjusted the height and everything looked fine until I got back on the road and it was knocking again. I literally did nothing else to my car yesterday accept coilovers... any idea what that sound might be? Hopefully nothing expensive?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
If the strut ever hit the axle, you would have MUCH more serious issues. We cant solve this kind of issue without pics or more info, all we can say at this point is who ever put it on f**ked up the install.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its the nut on the dampening adjustment. Its loose. Tighten that :thumbs up

slowDB7

How did you adjust them? Did you use the ring under the coil, or adjust them by threading the bottem up or down

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your tie-rod will hit first if you're really low but I think it sounds like something is loose.

_Idrivethat_Ricer

Hey yall, so I tried tightening the nut below the dampening adjustment, that didn't seem to help. I just tightened the dampening.. I sacrifice some comfort, but as long as there is no knocking. Come to find out that my dampening was so soft that my tie rod was hitting up against my wheel well... didn't think I was that low, but oh well I guess