coilover vs lowering springs vs coilovers sleeves

Daddyydex

I was thinkn bout dropping my car I have a 99 civic dx coilovers r very expensive for me at this time so I was considering the coilovers sleeves or the lowering springs has anyone had both or tried both can u tell me which is better ? I found some Skunk2 Lowering springs off ebay for about $170 that brand I heard is good. Hit me back guy

Harv_D_Johnson

Dont go with sleeves you will regret it. Either save for coilovers or a nice spring and strut combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
It really depends on how low you are wanting to go, and if you want your suspension to be adjustable. if it were me i would just save up and get coilovers

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep, save your money. If you get lowering springs, you'll want struts as well, as the stock ones won't hold up very long with the lowering springs.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
save your money and do it right the first time, whether it be drop springs or coilovers. if you do springs your going to need struts, if your going to get springs and struts you might as well get coilover sleeves. i would advise koni yellows and ground control sleeves, if you buy a kit the konis will be dampened correctly for the spring rate you get, also if you go this route i would suggest some tophats.

i have had lowering springs on my civic and now i have coilovers, theres not much of a difference beside ride quality. sure you can adjust your ride height but every time you do that you need an alignment which cost $60-100. the thing i like about coilovers is they are one piece which seems that it would have less pieces to fail on you later on.

RuckRider2

yeah, lowering springs are ok i guess if you just want to lower it but the ride will be much stiffer ull feel every bump even the smallest ones.

Harv_D_Johnson

yeah, lowering springs are ok i guess if you just want to lower it but the ride will be much stiffer ull feel every bump even the smallest ones.

Not really. My focus and my zx2 were both lowering springs. The ride is much softer then most coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk