Cold Air Intake

Civic1991

Hello, I drive a 2013 Civic EX and I've been looking to buy a cold air intake for it. Does anyone have any good information on how well it improves performance based on the type of intake you install? Would it really be worth it, I know they can improve gas mileage but not by much. If anyone has any feedback that would be great! =)

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
it's negligible

BlueTheEJ1

Cold air intakes hinder performance.
Don't buy one.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look up mighty car mods cold air intake,
They take stock vs cold airs and run them on a dyno
Lol. They tested a stock intake that draws air from outside the bay, to a cold air intake that draws air from outside the bay.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Uhmmm, a Honda civic doesn't pull in air from outside the bay in stock form. The air boxes drop down and curve back up and draw air in from the bay near the fenders

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
It's not restricted at all. The tubing on the stock intake is there to reduce noise.

A stock civic is not choking for air at any given point unless the filter is clogged.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Look up mighty car mods cold air intake,
They take stock vs cold airs and run them on a dyno
On a turbo vehicle this is going to vary much more than an N/A vehicle.

Outside air temp can change the results of that dyno as well, humidity differences etc.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not restricted at all. The tubing on the stock intake is there to reduce noise.

A stock civic is not choking for air at any given point unless the filter is clogged.
Definitely not starved for air, but the intake air temperature and density is a different story.