Cold air intake?

bobby2552

Respected
Should I install a cold air intake on my '99 Civic? If so, where should I put it, and what kind of benefits should I expect/not expect? Also, any install tips are welcome!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P | 1999 Honda Civic DX Sedan

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honestly, the only benefit is the sound. So if you wanna spend money on pure sound, go right ahead. It might look cool but not worth it.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As you would find by using our search function, a cold air intake on your Civic would be a waste of money and yield no performance benefits. Invest in a drop-in K&N air filter and call it a day.

basically what these guys said air intakes really only add sound the only time i would combine a expensive intake is with a expensive exhaust system throwing a injen intake onto a stock honda exhaust is cringe worthy

bobby2552

Respected
basically what these guys said air intakes really only add sound the only time i would combine a expensive intake is with a expensive exhaust system throwing a injen intake onto a stock honda exhaust is cringe worthy
Thanks for the summary. I talked to somebody today who said it might increase my mileage or something like that, so I was just curious what you all thought. Good to know though. Thanks!!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the summary. I talked to somebody today who said it might increase my mileage or something like that, so I was just curious what you all thought. Good to know though. Thanks!!
No, it will not. The K&N filter is your best bet at any MPG or performance Improvement, but nothing drastic.

there is some kinda intake set up relating to our vehicles the civic sedans (i own a 97 EX) that does do what your saying ive heard the same so your not crazy there man :crazy:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, it will not. The K&N filter is your best bet at any MPG or performance Improvement, but nothing drastic.
Right on.
Get the drop in filter and remove the resonator from behind the front bumper cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd never combine an expensive intake, i'd just buy cheap piping and make an intake, but I would use an intake.
For some reason it does more than just sound on my car lol.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyways, Bobby. Staying on topic, please do search so you dont just take our word but understand why its true to just use a K&N filter. Its insanely difficult to ask a question that hasnt been covered multiple times on this forum. You can learn so much just from browsing alone. Our helpful members are always glad to point you in the right direction, but no one likes to be repetitive.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobby2552

Respected
It's not about using big words, but to make it clear what you mean when you are talking. If there was no rules for writing, we wouldn't understand anything. It's as simple as that. Either use proper English or get picked on and misunderstood.
If you guys want to bicker about grammar:
A) go back to high school
B) make a grammar thread.
Thanks all!!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you guys want to bicker about grammar:
A) go back to high school
B) make a grammar thread.
Thanks all!!

I've cleaned up your thread and deleted all off-topic stuff. I'll leave your post since you're OP and that made me laugh. Any more grammar BS between anyone else will result in an infraction. :thumbs up

Carry on.

bobby2552

Respected
I've cleaned up your thread and deleted all off-topic stuff. I'll leave your post since you're OP and that made me laugh. Any more grammar BS between anyone else will result in an infraction. :thumbs up

Carry on.
Thanks man