Cold start Idle problem

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i've had a bouncy idle for about a month now, thats been getting progressively worse. its only during cold start and i've already replaced the iacv and cleaned out the pcv valve. what else am i missing? i started out by cleaning the original iacv with some carb cleaner and ive been told not to but to use electrical cleaner.. the iacv i replaced it with is from a y8 (my engine is a z6), are the not interchangeable? im also considering replacing my pcv valve with the y8 pcv (since i have the whole y8 im), are they different? its frustrating that ive done 2 things that should've fixed it, replacing the iacv and cleaning the pcv valve (i've also checked for vacuum leaks). help me please!

engine: d16z6 obd1 (obviously) no cel
mods: t3 turbo kit/dsm 450's/missing link

JAPDOMMOT

I'M WATCHING YOU...
5+ Year Member
Mine Was Doing The Samething I Unplugged The Map It Idled A Little High When Cold Then Idled Normal Check Your Coolant And Battery

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What did you use to check for a vacum leak? And go get a new iacv from autozone or from honda. Unplug your MAP sensor for a moment and post up your results.

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would go to honda personally, i trust the oem parts more for things like that... autozone could work though

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had the SAME problem a year ago... everyone says IACV and crap but the IACV only controls when ur car is warmed up and idling... but when your car is warming up, you actually have the FITV controlling the idle. theres a lil plastic screw thing in it that gets loose over time and u need to open the FITV and just tighten the screw, They say its not recommended to open it instead u should replace it but couple people i know opened it including me and fixed the problem.