1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Cold start Idle problem

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by slowhatch, Feb 12, 2007.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. slowhatch

slowhatch torque? Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

i've had a bouncy idle for about a month now, thats been getting progressively worse. its only during cold start and i've already replaced the iacv and cleaned out the pcv valve. what else am i missing? i started out by cleaning the original iacv with some carb cleaner and ive been told not to but to use electrical cleaner.. the iacv i replaced it with is from a y8 (my engine is a z6), are the not interchangeable? im also considering replacing my pcv valve with the y8 pcv (since i have the whole y8 im), are they different? its frustrating that ive done 2 things that should've fixed it, replacing the iacv and cleaning the pcv valve (i've also checked for vacuum leaks). help me please!

engine: d16z6 obd1 (obviously) no cel
    mods: t3 turbo kit/dsm 450's/missing link

2. slowhatch

bump for some help

3. JAPDOMMOT

JAPDOMMOT I'M WATCHING YOU... 5+ Year Member

Mine Was Doing The Samething I Unplugged The Map It Idled A Little High When Cold Then Idled Normal Check Your Coolant And Battery

4. jason_guy_yeah

jason_guy_yeah New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

What did you use to check for a vacum leak? And go get a new iacv from autozone or from honda. Unplug your MAP sensor for a moment and post up your results.

5. JAPDOMMOT

JAPDOMMOT I'M WATCHING YOU... 5+ Year Member

My Iacv Was $117 From Acura With Discount

6. lilwhitecoupe

lilwhitecoupe Ricer Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

i would go to honda personally, i trust the oem parts more for things like that... autozone could work though

7. guwakjai010

guwakjai010 Dr Tai tai Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i had the SAME problem a year ago... everyone says IACV and crap but the IACV only controls when ur car is warmed up and idling... but when your car is warming up, you actually have the FITV controlling the idle. theres a lil plastic screw thing in it that gets loose over time and u need to open the FITV and just tighten the screw, They say its not recommended to open it instead u should replace it but couple people i know opened it including me and fixed the problem.

8. guwakjai010

9. slowhatch

10. guwakjai010

heh NP just let me kno if it worked for you.