Color change on the Civic gauges?

motorbreath

5+ Year Member
Does anyone know if there is an 'easy' way to change the gauges on the '06 Civic DX, LX, EX from the stock blue to the Si red? Is the color of the gauges based on a chip or the screen used by the gages?

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm not sure but if you find out, tell me! I miss the blue lighting I'd get from my 7th gen sedan :( I'd be nice to switch from red to blue back and forth :D

sl33per

5+ Year Member
men i want the purple one though... but if you find out though be sure to post it

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Red purple why not just get it pink? blue looks the best maybe green.

motorbreath

5+ Year Member
I just hope it's something simple. It's part of a whole scheme I want to do with my car. Being a child of the '70's/'80's I am looking to make a few changes/additions and have my car resemble (as closely as a Civic can) the car from Knightrider. I got the idea when I saw the two-tier dash design. I figure all I really need are solid black wheel covers (or rims), the red scanner light installed where the silver "H" insignia is on the front and then find a way to turn the gauge display from blue to red and poof....a modern-day KITT....or a reasonable facsimile of it anyway. I mean just look at a black '06 LX coupe....the whole thing screams Knightrider anyway. The only color interior that comes with black is that ivory/tannish color.....just like Knightrider has......it has the two-tier gagues.....which looks similar to Knightrider.....the whole car is nice and sleek.....I'd swear whoever designed it and then decided which colors to make available with which color interior....that guy MUST have been a Knightrider fan at some point in his life.

Anyway, that's my idea for my car.....some laugh at me when I mention this....but I don't care. I loved that damned show and I can just picture my ride in the middle of the night....jet black....matching black wheels....and that single sweeing red scanner light going back and forth between the headlights. It will look just sleek as hell (I think). And like so many say on this site....if I like it, that's all that matters.

The one 'non-Knightride' upgrade I'm considering when I can afford it, is a set of Lambo doors. That would be done after the rest of it, as an afterthought....I just think it would add a bit of uniqueness to 'my' KITT. Still not sure about it though. But I do have a long time to think it over....I don't have $2300 lying around anywhere.

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ That's tizzight. I'm gonna get me a scanner light now! Hahaha

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
motorbreath said:
I just hope it's something simple. It's part of a whole scheme I want to do with my car. Being a child of the '70's/'80's I am looking to make a few changes/additions and have my car resemble (as closely as a Civic can) the car from Knightrider. I got the idea when I saw the two-tier dash design. I figure all I really need are solid black wheel covers (or rims), the red scanner light installed where the silver "H" insignia is on the front and then find a way to turn the gauge display from blue to red and poof....a modern-day KITT....or a reasonable facsimile of it anyway. I mean just look at a black '06 LX coupe....the whole thing screams Knightrider anyway. The only color interior that comes with black is that ivory/tannish color.....just like Knightrider has......it has the two-tier gagues.....which looks similar to Knightrider.....the whole car is nice and sleek.....I'd swear whoever designed it and then decided which colors to make available with which color interior....that guy MUST have been a Knightrider fan at some point in his life.

Anyway, that's my idea for my car.....some laugh at me when I mention this....but I don't care. I loved that damned show and I can just picture my ride in the middle of the night....jet black....matching black wheels....and that single sweeing red scanner light going back and forth between the headlights. It will look just sleek as hell (I think). And like so many say on this site....if I like it, that's all that matters.

The one 'non-Knightride' upgrade I'm considering when I can afford it, is a set of Lambo doors. That would be done after the rest of it, as an afterthought....I just think it would add a bit of uniqueness to 'my' KITT. Still not sure about it though. But I do have a long time to think it over....I don't have $2300 lying around anywhere.
I know Honda Civic makes me think of Pontiac Firebird.... You gonna get a David Hasselhoff blow up doll for the passenger seat too? :D

motorbreath

5+ Year Member
Hey....Knightrider WAS more than one kind of car ya know. I never said the Civic looked like a Firebird, only that it looked like it could be Knightrider.

motorbreath

5+ Year Member
SO does anyone at all know how to change the color of the gauges in the '06 from the LX blue/purple to red?