Complete Noob-Help needed

Nickolas Gatica

Ok so I'm going to be purchasing a 2004 Honda civic DX sedan. For this car I'm going for a very clean look. My idea is to have the car look something like this upload_2015-10-21_13-11-37.png
I want to have the wheels wide out and just overall clean and polished like the car above. I love cars but I just don't know all the parts to them but I want to learn. However the main reason for this post is because I was hoping some of you nice folks could recommended some parts and if possible links. I also would like to know what I should start with first modifying, I definitely first want to focus on the cosmetics aspect as I don't feel like I really need the car to be faster than it is.(I'm aware the car is not fast at all stock, but its plenty enough for casual driving) All help appreciated thank you!

dancam

Registered VIP
You want to make a sedan look like that? Maybe search the internet for sedans that have been done up. They have a much different look than a coup.
I would suggest searching ebay/ the rest of the internet for body kits or even just bumpers that fit that car to see if the look you want even exists. I dont think there is too much out there for 7th gens but i haven't looked.
Is it legal to tint windows where you live? If so which windows and what level of tint? That makes a big difference in deciding what look you will get and what colour to paint the car. Body kit aside have you gone to local shops to ask what it would cost to get a colour change paint job? Its not cheap for a quality paint job. I bought the 7th gen i drive for less than a good paint job is worth.
Tires and rims i cannot help you with but do not forget these things: before buying a rim/tire package measure your car to ensure that they will fit around the struts, not hit your wheel well when you turn and not rub on your fenders when you hit bumps.
If your buying an automatic keep some money aside for replacing the transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats the oem aero body kit which has been discontinued but they make replicas well they use to anyway search ebay. that car it obviously lowered. the usual suspensions used for the 7th gen are Ground Control sleeves with koni yellow inserts, Progress Technology CS1 coilovers with custom short springs or Raceland coilovers which i hesitated to mention because there cheap chinese crap and i would never use i have Progress.

that car has low offset wide wheels which in order to fit will require your fenders to be modified you will also need front and rear camber kits to be that low and allow negative camber in the rear. if you have less then two grand to spend on suspension alone i wouldn't even bother till you have the money too blow. the 04-05 civic had upgraded internal mesh filter installed which drastically extended the life of the auto transmission as long as it was properly maintained. my 04 auto is about to hit 200,000 miles but i replace the tranny fluid with every oil change.

Last edited: