Complete noob :/

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. 8hp on 127hp is not a 15% gain. It's 6.3% and no it isn't noticeable other than a little throttle response and deeper sound.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i mentioned that because some people take the info you gave out and apply it to other engines and sound like complete morons.
a SRI on a D series may not have very "noticeable gains" but it still has a gain, period. So refrain from teaching people "short or cold air intakes do nothing as far as performance" and instead explain how little or how much it does on what engines and why. Then we won't have people running around not knowing what the hell they are talking about.
so your telling me no noticeable gain is a gain no matter what i think you need to take your own advice about running around and confusing noobs. and who would apply this to a larger engine what are you talking about i clearly stated D17 and the thread is clearly 7th gen you make no sense.

N/A who said anything about your family you brought that up not me so stop threatening people with violence on the internet because you got butt hurt your getting weirder by the post.

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
I brought up my family to prove the point that; you should be careful what you say. Insanity is usually hereditary. I have two family members that are medicated. This puts me at a high risk for insanity! So someone communicating to me "you must be crazy" as you put it, is highly offensive to me. Ignorance is a good excuse in my mind but, I explain my situation to you and you say three more things that are offensive specific to my situation.

I did not threaten anyone! Are you trying to harm my family members? No you are not. You would know if you were.

My butt feels fine, it does not hurt, but; I did get very offended. How exactly am I weird? Because I will not take your SHlT without a fight? I almost forgot learn how to spell and use punctuation properly, so you do not confuse newbs that can not understand you bad grammer. Your 30 you should communicate like it! As you so eloquently put it.

Lethal6 is right!....................................................................................127/8=15.875 ; 1/15.875=0.0629=6.3%
My bad it is only a 6.3% increase in hp. I forgot to do the second calculation. He is also correct that all you get is a little better throttle response and deeper sound. In my opinion though, that is a noticeable difference to an average person, unless your equilibrium is off or something.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so your telling me no noticeable gain is a gain no matter what i think you need to take your own advice about running around and confusing noobs. and who would apply this to a larger engine what are you talking about i clearly stated D17 and the thread is clearly 7th gen you make no sense.

N/A who said anything about your family you brought that up not me so stop threatening people with violence on the internet because you got butt hurt your getting weirder by the post.
Reading comprehension must not be a strong point for you.
A gain is a gain no matter how big or small.
If you increase performance from something like a sri and don't notice it....you still have a performance gain. A dyno graph would prove that gain. You don't have to actually feel a gain for it to be present. Do you understand?

Why would someone apply this to a larger engine you ask, because a vast majority of people who browse forums don't actually understand the sarcasm online and take every sentence literally and they also tend to apply whatever they read to any and all situations. Easy examples of this are things like some V8 enthusiasts who believe a 4 cylinder civic can't possibly run a ten second quarter mile pass. Just from them learning that the smaller engine doesn't produce nearly as much torque they rule it out completely.

Just like the intake debate. There are some idiots who will say an intake does nothing for performance on a d17 as well as any other car or engine. think about it, if the true facts about performance were laid out plain and clear, no sarcasm and clear explanations, we wouldn't have people with these types of questions.

So, instead of saying, an intake does nothing for performance, make it clear how small the performance gain is in this application and why it makes such a small gain. Because saying it diss nothing is technically not true. It's like saying you have no money because you only have 75 cents in your pocket.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That was f**ken hilarious lowlife but dont be callin this cat crazy. U might hurt his feelers...

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok your rite child i was completely wrong hay everybody listen up short ram intakes actually do give you performance you just can't feel it at all but its there. phewwww now i can sleep at night knowing my false information has been corrected i mite need medication after this ordeal. and hay retards on this site a V8 is different then a 4 cylinder but your to stupid too realise this so i don't know if that clarification will help.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know it's plain knowledge to us, but read posts from these teens on this site alone, you'd be surprised to see what they don't know. Or go to AutoZone lol, they're mostly just as uninformed

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think everyone is mentaly capable of figuring out that 8 cylinders is 4 MORE than 4 cylinders, not EVERYONE here is a retard, just saying.

Sent from my civic using a stock engine

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think everyone is mentaly capable of figuring out that 8 cylinders is 4 MORE than 4 cylinders, not EVERYONE here is a retard, just saying.

Not everyone, true...but there are people who can't understand why they hear a whistling sound from an air intake or people asking about adding a carburetor to a fuel injected engine

I wanna cut down on those that are "lacking" so to speak lol.

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
since lowlife does not listen to reason, I am done trying to explain. He is too ignorant anyway to waste my time other than to down him. since everyone on this site is so good at BlTCHlNG at noobs I might as well join in right? No just @$$holes like you. Also since he can be offensive and not get banned, then so can I, right?
I may be crazy, but lowlife is an ignorant DlCK, who likes to pick on people. Yea Im pissed cause he is not in front of my face where I can front his BlTCH @$$ out. I guarantee he would not talk SHlT to me in person! Unless he wanted to get thrown in a ditch and show everyone he is in fact nothing but a SHlT talking BlTCH!

"We can do this like Thugs and Thug it out, or we can do this like punks and punk it out"; "Gas is cheap"; "Where you at?"; "Say it to my face, you won't be standin' so smug"

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hahahahaha. You think this site is hard on new members? Try hanging out at honda-tech.com for a while. This place is night and day.

I would figure most of the newbs try there first and come running here when they get burned.

You do realize you look just as much the keyboard tough guy as anyone else? You are taking all of this too seriously.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not everyone, true...but there are people who can't understand why they hear a whistling sound from an air intake or people asking about adding a carburetor to a fuel injected engine

I wanna cut down on those that are "lacking" so to speak lol.
I see:thumbup:

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
Actually, I have found people to help me on hondatech.com, 7thgenhonda.com, and civicforums.com. This is the only civic forum where I have only tried to help people but, have not gotten any actual help other than "7th gen sucks", "You are wasting your money","Bolt-on's give no performance gain", and "K-swap or nothing".

By the way, I love the nicolas cage video. That is how lowlife was making me feel. LOL.