Connie's daily

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I sold my infamous 92 white hatchie I had for 10 years to my friend Mark back in November. It was just time to move on.

I picked up a 2011 Kia Soul Sport With a little over 31k miles on it for under $13k and extended my warranty until 90k miles. Already tinted, came with the stock rims on brand new all season Blizzaks and 20x8.5 DIP Bionic D63 rims which I switched out during my trips to North Carolina and winter. Great on gas milage. 18 in town, 32 highway.

My only complaint is it's reputation for being the hamster commercial car... STFU already!

I have considered the thought of maybe turboing it along down the road. The set up looks promising since it's like the B series motors I am use to.

Attachments

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol it does look like a b18b1 valve cover.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431354998.192600.jpg

Fun cars though!

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im glad you got the silver instead of some fruity color..

Not a fan of the wheels, too big for the ride.

in for the turbo updates.. looks like you might have some room there for a t3 frame. Maybe custom fab a top mount manifold. you cant go too big cause the Auto'd converter will probably take a s**t

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A Kia? Really :wtf:

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im glad you got the silver instead of some fruity color..

Not a fan of the wheels, too big for the ride.

in for the turbo updates.. looks like you might have some room there for a t3 frame. Maybe custom fab a top mount manifold. you cant go too big cause the Auto'd converter will probably take a s**t
Yeah I agree with you. The alien green and red one's make me cringe and I'm not even crazy about the box body style. I was looking at G35 coupes when my husband talked me into going to test drive this one at the dealership. I'm not crazy about the rims either, but they will do for now until they are curb rashed to hell. I'm thinking of plasti dipping them some obnoxious color over the summer for the hell of it.

It certainly has potential to be turboed. But this is my first time stepping outside of Honda set up's. I'm still in the process of learning about Kia's.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmpphh, I really dont know what wheels would set off the look of that ride..

hopefully nothing in black!

but 17x8 +35 ish would be a nice size.

Ive seen the OEM 18's and IMHO they're too big.

does that red dash make a big reflection in the windshield?

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They aren't that terribly bad. The tire pressure sensor only comes on when I have the aftermarket rims on and they are low. From my experience with low pro tires, you can't overfill them or they blow out. If you underfill the air pressure, they come off the rim and set of the sensor. Always battling to find that happy medium.

And yes, the dash reflection does get annoying at times. Even worse after Amor Alling it. But what dash doesn't?

Attachments

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well black and dark grey/grey put out less of a reflection.. hence why I was curious..

did it come with the oem wheels you posted?

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The oem and rims actually! Told the sales guy I was a tuner and they threw them in the back before driving it off the lot. It was a bonus to me. The previous owner was a hispanic guy with a dog. I found a number of his CD's hidden throughout the car, 3 shades of lipstick and nail scratches from said dog on the drivers door paneling. The porters were slacking since I found most of those items pretty easily. It was the best one in the area with the price, miles and cleanliness.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Shiiittt.. id sell off those 20s for a profit and roll oem til you find what u like. Use that dub cash for the future wheels or payment..

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiiittt.. id sell off those 20s for a profit and roll oem til you find what u like. Use that dub cash for the future wheels or payment..
Too late. I've had the Soul and rims since November. I sort of like having spares laying around in the garage.:what: Brand new tires on both sets man!
That's not a good idea. Ask me how I know. :lol:
Story time!!!! :popcorn:

My cousin had got one off ebay here in Chicago locally that he brought back to NY. Twin turboed and I fell in love with it after a test drive. Sadly, once hurricane Sandy hit, it was totalled in the condo's garage.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My cousin had got one off ebay here in Chicago locally that he brought back to NY. Twin turboed and I fell in love with it after a test drive. Sadly, once hurricane Sandy hit, it was totalled in the condo's garage.
Ironic.... I sold mine here in NY to some dude who came from Chicago to pick it up. :lol: That sucks it was totalled though! Never driven a boosted one sooo...

I had a 2005 G35 fully loaded, picked it up with 55xxx miles. Nav, aero pkg, premium pkg, etc, and all stock except for a few minor styling mods. At first I LOVED the thing. It ran perfect, at the time too. Picked the car up from a guy on a local forum, so we took it to the mechanic to have it diagnosed before I picked it up. Mechanically solid. The sound of the stock exhaust even today is one of my favorite sounding ones ever.

Then the problems started.

A few months into driving it, I got a feeling that the car was made to look good, and nothing else. The interior felt cheap despite the fancy clock and heated seats. The navigation was beyond useless unless I wanted to pay $100+ yearly to have it updated by the stealership. So in short, I had an out-of-date system that got me completely lost a few times. The interior lighting could have been better, too. I could tell something wasn't right when shifting... shifted fine but made unpleasant noises. Brought it to a shop.. dime sized hole in the transmission housing. I had a warranty that I spent 1100 extra on as it literally covered everything except for damage to a few select things. Warranty f**ker comes to look at the car, denies the claim. Why? He cites "neglect" to the car. The reason? The tires were bald. The tires were 5 years old (from before the owner before me I guess). I knew they were getting there as they tech warned me when I got it inspected initially. I bitched and moaned, as the car was certainly not neglected upon, at least when I owned it. They sent another asshat to look at the car, but he determined the car was not neglected, the warranty goes though, and I get my new transmission.

Then, driving to work one day, my door actuator took a crap. Couldn't get it up (that's not what he said). Got that fixed.
Then the front left caliper took a crap. Then I curbed a wheel and got pissed at myself :lol:
I had a CEL for a week or so at some point. Never looked at it as I didn't notice any issues with the car (for once). CEL randomly went away after that week.
Air bag light kept coming on. I just did some weird key trick to reset it each time
Also, tire pressure sensor light would come on every time I went for a drive more than 30 minutes or so. Sensors checked out to be fine, issue was diagnosed as pressure change due to tires heating up. But it came on every time I took a long drive, so I just ended up ignoring that, too.

Summary - The car felt cheap after owning it for a few months. I replaced every damn part in my Honda and never had as many issues as I did with the G35. It left me with a bad impression for a car generalized as "upscale, near luxury".. It didn't even feel near it. Sold it after owning it for about a year, for my RSX and haven't looked back.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had my own issues with a nissan pathfinder. The immobilizer would engage at random times and lock down the car. Nissan didn't know what was wrong with it. Ill never own another nissan

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ironic.... I sold mine here in NY to some dude who came from Chicago to pick it up. :lol: That sucks it was totalled though! Never driven a boosted one sooo...

I replaced every damn part in my Honda and never had as many issues as I did with the G35. It left me with a bad impression for a car generalized as "upscale, near luxury".. It didn't even feel near it.
I think his was a '07... I have a pic!

That's how I feel about my Honda's too. I appreciate your input on it as a former owner. I started driving my Malibu I had since '97 and it was as if my father didn't replace all these parts before I brought it to Chicago. The man was a perfectionist and very malticulous about his work as a certified ASE master mechanic for 50 years. But the car was having issues one after another. When me and my husband separated last year, he was concerned that I needed a better daily with the kid. That's when the Kia came up. Of course he took over the Malibu which I've had to fix on 4 different occasions and recently had a return issue come back to haunt him this past weekend that originally happened last August with a pulley and serpentine belt. The first time it was done through Firestone since we were left stranded on the side of the road on I-65 in Lafayette, IN after the belt snapped, trying to drive to NC since my mother was in the hospital. Worst f**king experience ever with that company!

Attachments

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had my own issues with a nissan pathfinder. The immobilizer would engage at random times and lock down the car. Nissan didn't know what was wrong with it. Ill never own another nissan
I had a 97 Pathfinder too... Only we couldn't get it to pass emissions due to the iacv code never wanting to clear after it was cleaned, sensors and 3 solenoids replaced. It was the winter beater and hauled the hatchies to the track for two years.

Attachments