Consider mini me into civic ex

Earlofradcliff47

Just bought a 96 automatic civic ex D16Y8 vtec. Guy told me just needed timing belt, but it had a hole in the block. Have a 5 speed d15b7 93 Lx which I want to use the block . Besides a D16Y8 head gasket, is there any other parts or connectors I need? And the block coming from manual, will that be a problem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Earlofradcliff47

I am not sure. I have a a friend coming in to help me next Sunday and I want to make sure I have everything. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work?

Earlofradcliff47

He says he has done one before. He is 24 and good mechanic but each one is different. I just wanted to make sure there is nothing missing when we get started. He won't be up until next week. I don't know if it makes a difference that the block came out of manual tranny and put in with automatic transmission and do I need to get something to make the OBD2, CFK and OBD1 to work.

Earlofradcliff47

Question, my 93 civic lx w d15b7 is a great engine with 167800 miles standard. Would it be more reliable to put that engine in 96 civic ex D16Y8 or combine with a mini me?