Constant revving up and down at idle

BeastMode0N

Hey, I gotta manual 1995 Honda Civic Hatchback. It has a d15z1 block with a d16z6 head. I just bought the car and when idling, the car revs from about 1200 to 2000 over and over pretty quick. It never corrects itself. When feathering the clutch, it idles fine. It drives quick as hell too. There arent any vacuum leaks. I don't think it's the idle contol either. Any ideas?

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
O2 Sensor maybe?
CEL on?

Scrpn17w

Si wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There is a chance it could be low coolant as well. Definitely clean your IACV and make sure all the air is bled out of your coolant system.

civrex

5+ Year Member
i just did this today to my friend's car. it drove fine but idle was fluctuating. so first thing i did exactly in order was cleaned the intake idle air control valve out, then sealed around his sensor on the intake and pulled unpluged the battery for like a min and then we started it up and vroom no more funny idle problem fixed!!! check gasket's like around tb and vaccum line's ect.. with car running either with your hand and listen for idle changes or a piece of paper just go around everthing!