1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Constant revving up and down at idle

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by BeastMode0N, Feb 14, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. BeastMode0N

BeastMode0N New Member

Hey, I gotta manual 1995 Honda Civic Hatchback. It has a d15z1 block with a d16z6 head. I just bought the car and when idling, the car revs from about 1200 to 2000 over and over pretty quick. It never corrects itself. When feathering the clutch, it idles fine. It drives quick as hell too. There arent any vacuum leaks. I don't think it's the idle contol either. Any ideas?

2. 2NRSTV

2NRSTV Team Exile/ADO Garage Registered VIP

O2 Sensor maybe?
    CEL on?

3. slammedhatch

slammedhatch New Member

its the peice that is in back of ur intake maifold clean it or buy a new on it happend on my 94 hatch

4. 2NRSTV

2NRSTV Team Exile/ADO Garage Registered VIP

^2x
    Clean your IACV.

5. reichbc

reichbc "Brandon"

6. RonJ

RonJ Banned

Clean and adjust the FITV attached to the bottom of the throttle body.

7. Scrpn17w

Scrpn17w Si wannabe Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

There is a chance it could be low coolant as well. Definitely clean your IACV and make sure all the air is bled out of your coolant system.

8. BeastMode0N

BeastMode0N New Member

Alright, thanks guys. Ill try to clean out the IAC

9. civrex

civrex New Member

i just did this today to my friend's car. it drove fine but idle was fluctuating. so first thing i did exactly in order was cleaned the intake idle air control valve out, then sealed around his sensor on the intake and pulled unpluged the battery for like a min and then we started it up and vroom no more funny idle problem fixed!!! check gasket's like around tb and vaccum line's ect.. with car running either with your hand and listen for idle changes or a piece of paper just go around everthing!

10. 93civicloco

93civicloco 93 coupe

where is the iacv located on a 95 d15b7 mine is doing the same thing

11. RonJ

RonJ Banned

For you^ and the OP:

For 92-95 Civics, this is a more common cause for a fluctuating idle. Click the FITV link in my signature.

12. civrex

civrex New Member

should be on back of the intake manifold two bolt's hold it in, it has two hoses connected to it, and one plug!

13. 93civicloco

93civicloco 93 coupe

ok thanks