converting to ep3 ?

c0untme0utt

5+ Year Member
i have a 02 coupe and its a auto. any suggestions on the si hatchs. my price range im going to hop in one around 80k. do they last long ? not doing anything crazy exhaust intake and lowered.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
with 80k i would suggests a nissan GT-R.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I do believe he is saying that in his price range, he can get one with around 80k miles :lol:

OP....do you have more specific questions? A car is only going to last as long as you take good care of it. A Ford with regular maintenance done is going to last longer than a Honda with no maintenance performed.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I do believe he is saying that in his price range, he can get one with around 80k miles :lol:

OP....do you have more specific questions? A car is only going to last as long as you take good care of it. A Ford with regular maintenance done is going to last longer than a Honda with no maintenance performed.
lol thats a lie, a ford will never last as long as a honda, period, beleive me

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was just messing with him. search craigs list i saw a clean one for 6,500 dollars.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol thats a lie, a ford will never last as long as a honda, period, beleive me
I dont think so. Yes if you take care of both cars, the Honda will most likely last longer. But a Honda is only as reliable as the owner takes care of it.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont think so. Yes if you take care of both cars, the Honda will most likely last longer. But a Honda is only as reliable as the owner takes care of it.

get a ford to spend more on replacment parts on it, then the car its self lol

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have had my car less than a year, and I have already spent about 45% of the amount I paid on the car in serious maintenance and fixing it.

c0untme0utt

5+ Year Member
More the less is it a good upgrade from the em2, my civic cannot be any slower. especially being an automatic and the tranny shifts when it feels like its about to go and i want to make it somone elses problem as d**k as that sounds. and i want a stick.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
like what exactly ???
First it was a tensioner spring on the clutch that went, had the whole clutch replaced. Then my front caliper was locked up pretty bad, had that replaced, and had the timing belt done at the same time. And then just recently my shift linkage broke. All totaled up, $2448 in repairs and maintenance since I got the car.

Anyway OP. I think you would be much happier with an EP3. They may not be the best looking, but they arent terribly ugly. And I would love to have a K20A3. Dont listen to those who say its the bastard child of the k-series....I would rather have a bastard child k-series than most other Honda engines.

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyway OP. I think you would be much happier with an EP3. They may not be the best looking, but they arent terribly ugly. And I would love to have a K20A3. Dont listen to those who say its the bastard child of the k-series....I would rather have a bastard child k-series than most other Honda engines.
They really aren't that bad, just really do a head swap and they are almost as good as the rest of the K's. It is cheaper to buy an A3 anyways, that's what I did and I bought an A2 head and building the rest, god I can't wait until its done and I can drive it lol.

But anyways OP, I would say go for it, just look around, car lots, craigslist, and other places for the best deal considering price and mileage and how well the previous owner or owners took care of it.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i enjoy the hell outta my ep3. great little car, and the shifter throws everyone off.

the motor is more than enough for most people, but i did do the A2 swap.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
op if your getting an ep3 i suggest the 04-05 ones cuz they have the 5 luggers compare to the older one that have 4 lugs