Correct size Injectors with Turbo

marcs23

I have a 97 civic ex with a B20B/vtech swap. It is a GSR head. It has a t3/t4 turbo and precision 780cc injectors. I bought the car with these injectors. I have been told by some people that these size injectors are to big. The last time it was dyno's (about 3 years ago before the internals were done) it had a little over 300HP. I do have some idling issues and I know from experience on another turbo'd car I had that if the injectors are to big the motor will not idle correctly. Does anyone think the 780cc's are to big? what should I switch to? I will be getting a P28 ecu with Hondata S300 V3 later this week. Right now it is tuned on chrome but it is an old tune from the previous owner.

thanks

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Those injectors should be fine. I have 720cc ones from Injector Dynamics and have never had an issue with them.

303JDMSI

Tuning will make a huge difference with those, but I am rocking 720ccs as well!

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Injector dynamics 1000cc will idle like stock on a stock honda motor from what I hear so its really the design of injector. I hear rc and precision injectors use 1980's technology. Hi profile (i think also goes by injector nation) also make good injectors . My fuel injector clinic 525cc injectors idle like stock on my 166hp turbo civic

marcs23

thanks. I just ordered a p28 with Hondata S300 v3 installed yesterday. SHould have it in a few days. I am going to tune it myself hopefully with no issues.

One more question. A wideband AEM air/fuel sensor can not be installed after the cat correct? I ask because right now the previous owner installed it into the exhaust pipe in the middle of the car and there is no cat. I want to have a magnaflow cat installed so not sure if I have to move the a/f sensor. there is no other o2 sensor connected because he told me the aem gauge is wired to the ecu feeding the a/f ratio. thanks

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
o2's should always be upstream of any catalytic converter, and the stock location works just fine. I would say at least a foot away from the turbo. Less chance of it burning up.

marcs23

thanks everyone for your comments. Hopefully I won't have any issues when I install the S300 in a few days.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Follow the directions that come with the wideband, think mine said a minumum of 12" but no greater than 32" from the turbine housing

Radyjr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive seen as large as 1200cc injectors on daily driven cars and there has been no issues. All depends on the tune and how welll of a tuner you have.