Cosmetic Help! LOOKING FOR PARTS

Chelsea

I have a 2000 Civic EX, 2 door Coupe, that needs a little sprucing up before I move out of the country after the new year (2016 if it matters). I would like to replace the front and rear bumpers, and purchase a new middle arm rest for my car. Is there anyone who knows where to find these parts or if anyone is selling in the Seattle area? Would going to a pull apart junk yard seem cringe-worthy to you? Please help! I appreciate any guidance, cars are not my strong point, clearly. But I thought it would be best to seek out advice from people who know and love Honda's.

Chelsea

Aww. I though she needed directions to the nearest sephora.. lol

My post is genuine. I want to buy parts and I completely recognize that I don't know the best route to take when trying to avoid going through Honda dealerships.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeX

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Local import shops could have them in stock directly, but she would have to do the foot work in finding one. See in the regional sections if anyone has a shop directory as we do for the Midwest. Or do a search on the site for shops in the area. Maybe even google. Going to a pick n pull junkyard is much cheaper considering the prices of oem stock bumpers and armrests.

pantyraid

=^.^=
I concur on the junkyard point, you can find great stuff for dirt cheap

Or you can find nothing at all that's of any use to you, but it's definitely worth a shot, we've found stuff in great condition at the junkyard that would've been really expensive otherwise - or that isn't even made anymore, although I wouldn't think that would be much of an issue with civics (of course we've also struck out a few times, but if the junkyards near you are anything like the ones near here there's plenty of civics to pick stuff off of)

Woohoo I've finally found another topic that I have experience with haha

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

My post is genuine. I want to buy parts and I completely recognize that I don't know the best route to take when trying to avoid going through Honda dealerships.
I gotta show appreciation for you acknowledging your limits and explaining to the best of your ability. Not enough new members do so.

If you dont have friends or family to help then you should consider calling up local yards to confirm if they have '99-'00 Civic coupes first, then ask if the have those parts. Some junkyards will offer prices on the phone. Keep in mind that coupe & sedan bumpers are different as are the '96-'98 model coupes (Google to see the differences). Once you have a list of junyards with your parts, hit 'em up.

A used coupe armrest should be easy to fine but many in junkyards are scratched or scuffed up from people neglectfully pulling other interior parts. Most will look worse than they are just from dirt, so you may want to wipe them down to see for sure. Ive purchased junkyard parts before that looked like new once cleaned. As for the bumpers, just make sure all the tabs are in tact and that they have no major gashes or dents. Anything will be easily smoothed over in the prep process prior to being painted.