Cost of auto to manual transmission swap?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have an automatic right now im guessing? you'll need more than the transmission

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
prolly about 1,200 to 1,500 hey the junk yard in miami town you might be able to find something for your car, if you dont know were thats at then we can hook up and go down their some time

00CivicSiB16A2

Unless the car is in great condition with decent miles or if you can do ALL the work yourself, I'd suggest waiting until you can get a car that comes as a MT. You'll need new trans, shift linkage,shifter,clutch pedal and cable or hydraulic depending on the type of tranny, shift boot, new gauge cluster, and I believe some changes done to the ECU just to name a few. I read somewhere about someone else having this done and it was a ridiculous amount of sh1t they had to do. Unless you can get ALL this for the low low and do ALL the work yourself, I wouldn't recommend it. If you are going to get a 5 speed and put it on a non turbo ride, I'd suggest the b16a2 tranny, short gears and quick as hell if it will match your set up.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cost me about $600 in parts... but the tranny lasted like < a month lol.

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did mine with Ls swap its easier that way and more fun..