Crankshaft Position Sensor problem (p0335)

massasshadows

this has been a problem for some time now.

my CEL came on and i ran a scan tool and it said P0335, so i changed the CKP sensor and it ran fine for a couple of days then the CEL came back on spitting out the same code. it keeps coming back now, i've reset my battery more than a couple of times, because it drives so crappy.

i took it to a mechanic and he said that because it was an after market sensor from Kregan (O'Reily) then it might be that it was just a crappy one, and i should get a certified honda sensor. any possibility in that?

also i was poking around and i tested the sensor wires and they seemed to be okay, but i wasn't able to get inside the distributor. i got the outer casing off but there was another casing in the way w/ a lil wheel type deal in the way and i didn't know how to remove it. as far as looks go, it was all very clean.

i checked all other wires as best i could to see if any were damaged and it all looked fine.

my electrical skills are limited so i'm not even sure if i'm checking all the right places.

tejastoolman

mine is doing the similar thing but with a Honda brand cps.... so am thinking it's else where on my 2004 lx but I dont even have 85k on it and it's never been wrecked, flooded etc... 1st issue ever lol