Cruise Control Stopped Working??

d.Wrek

5+ Year Member
All of the sudden my cruise control just stopped working. When I push the button it wont even light up. I

checked the fuse and it was blown so I replaced it but it still wont work. I did some research but it didn't

seem like anyone elses situation was the same. I thought about checking the rubbers on the brake and on the

clutch but that shouldn't effect the light? That should only effect when the cruise control is activated right?

JaredB

5+ Year Member
Yeah. My cruise hasn't worked since I bought my car a few months ago. The light on the dash comes on, but it doesn't hold speed. Haven't checked any fuses tho, don't care that much at the moment. Will worry about it later. Good luck man.

tcflorida

Honda's RULE
My Cruise has stopped working twice now. The first time it was an issue with a connection on the accelerator. I had it fixed by a mechanic and I'm not sure what they did but it was easy. Sorry I can't be more of a help there. This last time it was an issue with my SRS circuit. About a year or two ago my SRS light came on on the dash. I was told that was because I had enough miles on the car that the computer was telling me the air in the system needed to be checked. Now after having driven another 20k miles there is a short in the circuit that loops through the cruise control. What this generally mean is that somewhere in the circuit the SRS and cruise control are connected and the SRS need to be repaired to turn on my cruise.

The auto shop I go to wouldn't even touch it for fear that they would set of the airbags. They recomended that I go to an electrician. I would say that may be something like your issue or nothing like it at all. Post again and I'll try and look up some info in the repair manual.

Best of luck