CRV Tach in 99 cluster.

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
I know there's tons of info on cluster swaps and I even swapped the speedometer for a CRV version. But I can't find a definitive answer on this. Does the tach swap? Specifically the tach. NOT the entire cluster or speedometer.

-Cheers

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I can't give a definitive answer, but I don't see why it wouldn't. The entire cluster does, so the individual components should as well. Are you trying to match up all the cluster components now that you changed to a speedo with a different color scheme?
Might be hard to locate the gas gauge, etc on the right since most CR-Vs are autos

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I guess you could say I am putting a CRV cluster together one gauge at a time. I found a tach for $20. I'll prob grab it and find out.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The entire clusters are plg n play.
If I had to take the chance, I would venture to guess each individual gauge would swap from one to the other without any issue.

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Learned a $20 lesson. The CRV tach is not a direct swap. The mounting holes for the gauge don't line up. :what:

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn. sorry about that, obviously I was wrong. I wish I'd suggested you try it out right there in the yard, might have saved yourself a little cash.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Learned a $20 lesson. The CRV tach is not a direct swap. The mounting holes for the gauge don't line up. :what:
I assumed they were the same as well, BUT looking at the two and comparing, the difference is obvious.