Custom Jetta turbo on civic

Nissan300zx

Hi there I'm new here and I have been searching all over Google and still have not found anything. I don't know if this has been done before but even more of a reason to do it. But I am a new apprentice at Nissan as I own a 300zx, aswell as a new to me 98 civic Si (Canadian Si). I was wondering if it would be possible to put a diesel turbo off a Jetta on my civic. I have one sitting at work with the waste gate and the manifold and I was wondering what exactly I would need for this to work. I used to work at a welding and fabrication shop so I have the skills to weld a flange on to a manifold for the turbo and to possibly make my own manifold but I was wondering what else I would need or do to make this work. This is just my dd car and I bought it for $350 so I would like to do this on a strict budget if I could. I also have the stock Jetta intercooler sitting around.

Thanks in advance everyone!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sure you can do it. Y couldn't you?

dancam

Registered VIP
Ya, no reason why not. Was there something in particular you thought would be an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I can think of a reason not to, it's a beater. Leave it that way.

Nissan300zx

Well I was just asking what would I need for it to be done? Like will I need to tap into oil pan and put an oil feed to the turbo? Anything else or is it as easy as slapping a turbo on a manifold and throwing a intercooler on it?

Xxblood ya it's a beater but why can I not have fun with it? It's a stock d16 so I would like it to be able to beat a Prius atleast lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well I was just asking what would I need for it to be done? Like will I need to tap into oil pan and put an oil feed to the turbo? Anything else or is it as easy as slapping a turbo on a manifold and throwing a intercooler on it?

Xxblood ya it's a beater but why can I not have fun with it? It's a stock d16 so I would like it to be able to beat a Prius atleast lol
There's a lot more to turbocharging than just slapping it on. Be prepared to drop at least $500 on a solid tune alone if you want it done correctly.

You'll need to tap into oil pan, run lines to and from the turbo, you'll need bigger fuel injectors, probably a higher lph fuel pump, etc. And again, a good tune.

Ye olde Honda turbo bible: http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

Moved thread to the forced induction section =)

dancam

Registered VIP
Woah, ya, its still a turbo. You need to install it like any other turbo... Little turbo's need less other parts installed than larger turbo's. So find out how much boost the jetta turbo makes and then look at what people installing similar turbo's on your kind of civic do.

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP

You aren't suppose to have fun with beaters, that's why it's called a beater. Is this your only car or do you have a backup?

dancam

Registered VIP
You aren't suppose to have fun with beaters, that's why it's called a beater. Is this your only car or do you have a backup?
I disagree. You can have a ton of fun with a beater, you just cant spend money on it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Phhhh! My buddies old beater (94 nissan sentra... limited edition :lol:), was a blast to drive. We'd go off-roading in that s**t. It was a champ.