Custom Rear Interior

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I stripped out the rear of my hatch...and im lookin for some ideas to do with it in the future. I got one 10in sub. the plexiglass moldings are an idea, but i think they're kinda tacky. im thinkin a roll cage, and mounting my woofer right behind the 2 front seats, but idk how im gonna mount it yet.
idk i guess just throw out some ideas of what u guys did or have seen.

Dr.Anus

proctologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really like the spray on bedliner idea, but from what I've seen don't try it yourself. If you do it, have it done by a pro.

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why a cage do you autox / scca , id say put the interior back so you have room to cary people if you need to. also looking at your sig you have a 99-00 typr r lip on a 96-98 bumper.....

pacman031

5+ Year Member
is the car for sho or go or both? if both customize a system!!

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do a roll cage. So many people drive like f**king idiots, you don't know when one is going to hit you. I think it's a good idea if your going to keep the car for a long time.

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
about the type r lip...it fits. so yea.

and i am thinkin roll cage...so what like a 6pt roll cage?

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think a roll cage is a retarded idea for a street car honestly. Do you want to be crawling over door bar's to get in and out of your car.. save the money

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
all go no show said:
I think a roll cage is a retarded idea for a street car honestly. Do you want to be crawling over door bar's to get in and out of your car.. save the money
Most roll cages don't have door bars....

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do a custom floor board.. Me and Gabemaun both have done them

Its just floor boards carpeted with speaker carpet

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
all go no show said:
Point taken, but i would argue that they ALL detract from a cars daily drivability
It wouldn't make a difference in my car or Eran's car. We rarely have backseat passengers. =)

IN2deep

5+ Year Member
if u are going to do the bedliner get an under coating gun and u can do it yourself and it look professional but for it to look right its got to be sprayed in, also blackhope got any more pics of that interior i would like to take out my back seat in my hatch also but i go back and forth on the idea not for passengers but when my seat is up i got a hatch cover and u cant see what i got in the trunk, i have computer equip in it alot and dont want it stolen anyway so i need something to hide it from prying eyes and my rear seat does that when i need it to

sidewayzinCA

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the only problem i see with the spray on bedliner stuff is that it is pretty heavy. i would imagine it would help deaden sound from the road as well as a stereo. i wouldnt personally put it in my car because it is just too damn heavy.

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok im not talking about bedliner. f**k that its ugly. im talking about carpeting the rear interior behind my front seats. i know how to size up the wood and wrap it in carpet for the bottom...but what about carpeting the sides like in the picture shown above ^

ryanM

FartCanMan said:
ok im not talking about bedliner. f**k that its ugly. im talking about carpeting the rear interior behind my front seats. i know how to size up the wood and wrap it in carpet for the bottom...but what about carpeting the sides like in the picture shown above ^
thats stock, his car is a sedan, his trunk had carpet lining it to begin with.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Molded carpet is what you need and I dont think you can get that for a hatch

tricked_civic

5+ Year Member
FartCanMan said:
if you are wanting to carpet the sides of the car then what you will need is a steam iron so that you can assist the carpet to mold to the side walls and the only thing that i can think of like what some people have done especially in the beds of show trucks is adhesive spray to help hold it to the metal

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FartCanMan said:
now THAT's a good idea. thanks. ill take the challenge.
try my idea... it will look alot better in side a hatch than it does in a sedan