Custom Turbo 7th gen

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh... and just get a used turbo... Buy new and it'll be expensive. Used is good enough, if you have to, you can always rebuild it.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
I bought h22 pipes... They are custom fit to my car. You can make anything fit.
hmm.. I think this is my biggest question mark. How do I get these pipes to fit? Do I just go to an exhaust shop or something and show them what I wanna do and they'll custom bend some piping for me? I'm kind of confused here.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
hmm.. I think this is my biggest question mark. How do I get these pipes to fit? Do I just go to an exhaust shop or something and show them what I wanna do and they'll custom bend some piping for me? I'm kind of confused here.
look on ebay for pipes... or to save yourself trouble, get the dezod pipe kit with intercooler, it'll fit alot easier with their kit.

If you get a kit for another car, you can just cut it and use hose couplers.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow it looks like the dezod pipe kit would make things a LOT easier. I think I'll probably end up getting the one without the intercooler since their's with the intercooler is a bit pricey.

I do have a question though. Is this all the piping I'm gonna need.. or is it just the piping for the intercooler?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
wow it looks like the dezod pipe kit would make things a LOT easier. I think I'll probably end up getting the one without the intercooler since their's with the intercooler is a bit pricey.

I do have a question though. Is this all the piping I'm gonna need.. or is it just the piping for the intercooler?
It is all the pipe you will need... only prob will be finding an intercooler with inlet and outlet on the same side. Thats the problem with dezods kit.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ahh, damn you're right. that is an issue. I had planned on getting a johnnyracecar intercooler cuz they're cheap.. but if I get that pipe kit then it looks like I'm gonna need to find something else.. hmm..

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What do you recommend for fuel management?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
What do you recommend for fuel management?
vacf2 will work fine, if you're going to keep stock injectors. But if you plan to upgrade the injectors. Use emanage. But emanage can get kind of expensive.

Civic-Duty

duckin' and divin'...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does't greddy have an intercooler with in/out out the same side..i think it's for their Si kit...not sure of the fitment in our bumpers though...prolly need to do some trimming...keep us posted on how it goes joe

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've heard our stock trannies are good up to about 300 ponies with a good clutch. once your up in the 300 horse range, tranny go bye-bye.....LOL.

i know our stcok injectors are 240cc, with vfac2 is that enough to support 8 to 10 psi?

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2k5civic said:
the thing i would want to know is this..

since im so illiterate when it comes to building a self custom turbo kit for my D17A2 .. if anyone can link or paste or wutever, the parts needed for a full turbo kit .. everything basic. pipes, intercooler, ect.ect.
ur em2 comes with d17a2? :rolf:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got_sake? said:
i've heard our stock trannies are good up to about 300 ponies with a good clutch. once your up in the 300 horse range, tranny go bye-bye.....LOL.

i know our stcok injectors are 240cc, with vfac2 is that enough to support 8 to 10 psi?
vafc2 have nothing to do with boost. It pretty much controls the air fuel ratio.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
ur em2 comes with d17a2? :rolf:
whats so funny about that? You didn't know that? Are you making fun of him because you think he is wrong? When if fact you are the dumbass.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
vacf2 will work fine, if you're going to keep stock injectors. But if you plan to upgrade the injectors. Use emanage. But emanage can get kind of expensive.
hmm e-manage only seems to be 100 - 150 dollars more than the VAFC2. And that's only because you gotta buy the windows program. Is there something else that you need to buy to make it work that I'm missing?

Andrey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
whats so funny about that? You didn't know that? Are you making fun of him because you think he is wrong? When if fact you are the dumbass.
pwned ;)

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
hmm e-manage only seems to be 100 - 150 dollars more than the VAFC2. And that's only because you gotta buy the windows program. Is there something else that you need to buy to make it work that I'm missing?
you need to buy harnesses and ish... but vafc will work for the time being. if you are on a budget.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
you need to buy harnesses and ish... but vafc will work for the time being. if you are on a budget.
budget is my key word. I'm gonna have to do this one part at a time, more than likely.

by the way, this thread kicks ass.

When is your set up gonna be done Blahman?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as soon as I buy an exhaust gasket for my turbo dp, a turbo xs boost controller, a missing link, and all my other s**t gets here, which should be this week.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ahh.. yea.. I may just got for the vafc2 for the time being then. I'll just get the RSX injectors and emanage later.

Will I be able to push 8 - 10 PSI using the vafc2 and using stock injectors?

and definitely keep us updated on how your s**t is going blah.

Thanks for all the help so far!