CV Axle Sizes; Del Sol "S"?

CaptainJochem

Respected
Hey all,

First off I understand this is 'Club Civic' and my question is about a Del Sol; however, since they are both from the EG chassis I'm sure it's allowed here.

Basically I want to know the sizes of the CV axles needed for my Del Sol. It has a 1.5 D15B7 (non-VTEC) engine. I believe in America this was sold as the 'S' base model? I ask this because this Del Sol originally came with a B16A2 engine, however, I used the whole car as a donor for my EJ2 Coupe, which now has the engine and all the other important goodies.

I decided ultimately that I want to have the Del Sol running and use it as a summer car so all of the old parts from my Coupe are now going into the Del Sol. Only thing is that the CV axles look too long...? They are 35 9/16" (905mm) and 24 9/16" (620mm) respectively; anybody from America know the specific sizes for the CV axles on a model S (here in Europe we only had the D16 and B16 engines)?

I also noticed that on my B16 engine that the CV axles were both relatively the same size and that you inserted them into this middle shaft attached to the block. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this done so that the torque steer was minimized?

Thanks!

CaptainJochem

Respected
Honda B- and D-series engines use different axles.
Yes, I understand that, but my old Civic D series CV axles are going into the Del Sol and I'm wondering what sizes were originally in the Del Sol?